I keep "losing" appearances collected. How do I stop it?

This has happened twice that I am aware of. One time I got the Mythic Girdle of the Legion General to drop, and went I went to transmog it later that week after I vendored all my raid loot, it was missing from my appearances. I managed to use the recovery tool to recover it, but this has just happened again. I’ve been farming ZM for anima and I got the Sandbender Staff to drop last night and it unlocked the appearance…and then I just got the drop again on another character and it “unlocked the appearance”…again.

Do I need to keep items for a few days before vendoring them to make sure the appearance STAYS in my collection? I thought the first one was just a flub or something, but now that it has happened AGAIN I am getting anxious that it’s happened before on appearances I didn’t notice.

You may need to equip some gear before selling it to get the transmog. Since you mentioned you have been vendoring gear, you may have sold it on accident.

2 Likes

I did sell it, but it was after the “this appearance has been unlocked” notification. I will absolutely start equipping them though, that’s a great idea!

These have all been Bind on Pickup btw, no BoEs

1 Like

If it still has a trade or refund timer counting down on it when you vendor it, then you will lose the appearance.

As Calphricham suggested, equipping it first will be best. That way any timers will be removed.

1 Like

Thank you! I didn’t realize vendoring before the trade timer went away caused it to lose your appearance! I definitely need to start equipping them first.

Additionally, do you know if items sent through “The Postmaster” (when you leave a corpse unlooted) have the timer at all? I mostly let raid loot go to my mailbox unless I am looking for a specific appearance, then I loot immediately to see if I got it. I might just let all raid loot go to my mailbox now just to make sure they stay.

Thank you all so much! I’m glad I posted, I really appreciate your tips!

1 Like

I just always equip items that have transmog’s I want. That way there’s no doubt that I can vendor the item afterwards.

1 Like