I keep getting mixed answers about the viability of paladins at end game

Unless you’re in a hardcore min/max guild or you have a buttload of pallies you should be fine. I wouldn’t take 5 rets to a raid. Nor would I take 2 prot pallies. If you want to play a spec other than holy be prepared to off heal at times. A spot for a single ret shouldn’t be impossible to find. You can grab the debuff sword and the casters will gladly have you. Prot pallies are a bit rare and you will have to find a guild open to it. Again either one will need a heal off set.

Yes. However, even casual guilds get life aggro and prefer stability and speed. I think most people play between casual, and parsing, and still prefer a raid group with less meme specs.

Is it impossible to meme? I found out trying an arcane mage, and a melee hunter in Classic. In my case it wasn’t impossible, but flat out time inefficient and had I pushed to 60, would have justifiably annoyed raids as a burden on their time.

TLDR You either consider other peoples time, or you don’t.

But the difference between an average ret paladin and an average frost mage isn’t that huge. You’re taking seconds off of a fight bringing one class over the other. The problem is finding ret paladins who do more than autoattack.

1 Like

Relative to other rets, there are tiers. Relative to other classes, Rets, for their role arent A class, but within that ‘oh ok thats cool’ tier with frost or arcane mages, especially if you are a guildy or friend.

Fixed that for you.

Ret is represented in the Classic Duelling League by three members from Crusade, including Esfand. So, lets see what goes!