Abcdefghijkl

abcdefghijkl

that’s not a scam. you traded at the agreed-upon price.

9 Likes

Well glad we cleared that up so quickly

4 Likes

“Always look before you leap.”

:pancakes:

1 Like

The seller obviously puts super jacked-up priced items on the AH in the hopes that someone like you comes along and accidently buys it. Its the only explanation for his response to you making the purchase.

Sorry bud, but this is your screw-up. Was it a dick move on his part? Yes, but its perfectly within his rights to be dick.

I feel bad for ya, but maybe next time you’ll be less careless in the AH

1 Like

we’ve probably all done it at some point. I know others have accidentally listed their stuff for unit price as a whole stack and I got to buy it…

You got screwed my man. Just move on, it sucks.

I really don’t like buying and selling. I visited Mexico where the tradition is to barter over everything and I hate it. But if I don’t I’ll get ripped off. I don’t like playing the AH in game, do it as little as possible, and consequently I’ve made several mistakes over the years. I’ll accidentally over pay for an item or put up an item for far less than it’s worth. I’ve put the gold amount I want to change in the silver area and sold it for fraction of it’s worth.

Here’s a list of all the mistakes I’ve made on the AH with a link to the complaint I made about it on the forums:

Oh wait…They don’t exist.

2 Likes

He didn’t scam you, you purchased his publicly known items at the set buyout price.

Yes. Buyer beware. There is no Azerothian Consumer Protection Division.

2 Likes

Download TSM. It lets you buy and sell more efficiently. You will never fall for that again unless it’s intentional. At least with TSM you have some semblance of trading API… sort and search functions that actually make some sense, batch operations, moving average price estimates etc.

This isn’t nyse euronext where you can contest an erroneous trade within 30 minutes by getting ahold of a market services broker. The AH is a cesspool. It’s run by goblins and peasants, and is garbage as itnended. It’s like OTCBB with no buy side liquidity. Help yourself out and set up TSM.

1 Like

This has been one of the worst deals in the history of deals. SAD!

5 Likes

So you didn’t look at what you’re doing and think you got scammed?

1 Like

I’m confused how you not paying attention is a “scam” on the sellers part.

So you clicked buy out on an over priced item, that is not much a scam. I twas totally uncalled for by the seller to taunt you, but whatever, lessons learned.

Set an easy buyout limit.

I know it’s $hitty and it sucks for him, but I don’t think it would fall under most Consumer Protection laws, either (if it happened in the real world). Don’t think it’s a scam or fraud if there is no deception involved. He, as a consumer, was readily provided with accurate information upon which to make an informed purchase decision, and he just unfortunately didn’t pay attention to it. Tough deal. Just have to learn from it and move on.

This depends heavily upon what statutory provisions are in place for goods of this nature (zing), whether they fall under anti-scalping, whether they’re subject to state mandated market controls, etc.

1 Like

Just to be clear, Because you DIDNT read, and make sure you were purchasing the item for the correct amount, this is now scamming? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Get got

You were not scammed but you were certainly taken advantage of.
There are no repercussions though, just learn from it if you can.

Hey guys i obviously know i messed up, and clearly wasnt “scammed” however the dudes name was literally scammerman and he said if i made a forum saying how i got “scammed” as exaggerative as possible and show him, he’d give me 200g back (which he did)

I know i goofed, but we’re all here for the lol’s at this point, at least i got 200g back :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like