I hope Tyralyon takes the throne

He would need some light infusion mojo or something cause he’s nowhere near raid boss territory right now. Illidan was, and he punked Turalyon.

Lightyboi swung his sword with all his might to kill Illidan after he lazorbeamed Xe’ra and an exhausted Illidan who just expelled a tremendous amount of energy to kill a Naaru reached up with one hand and caught it BY THE BLADE like Turalyon was a toddler swinging a nerf bat.

Maybe he could be an optional 5 man boss or something. :smiley:

Your misrepresenting what was happening, the Naruu was going to remove the fel magic from Illidan and empower him with Light magic to fight the Burning Legion.

That doesn’t mean mind control

You underestimate Blizzard’s story-telling.

If Turalyon was supposed to come out of that exchange looking like a badass, he’d have chopped Illidan up like Monty Python’s black knight and cut off his head mid-edgelord speech with a witty line like, “Finally he shut the F up, insufferable manchild.”

1 Like

Tyralyon and all the light fanatics (WoD) would be very interesting to see. We have seen what he is capable of and with the light he will surely do bad things. The Alliance could really use that instead of always being the faction that doesn’t do anything wrong.
That could split the alliance between the peoples who resist. But it’s unlikely to ever happen, as Blizz always does with the Horde.
WoD also has Yrel and (Light) Garrosh, it would be interesting to see how they interact with Tyralyon and spread their crusade across Azeroth. I hope they don’t kill everyone, but I believe Blizz will most certainly kill (Light) Garrosh, and Yrel and Tyralyon will stay alive.

What I can say about our Garrosh is that they wasted him, he had so much potential and in Shadowlands they killed him forever.
Steve definitely wanted to show that he shouldn’t get redemption, but Sylvanas gets it because “I love her so much”.

i really wish turalyon takes the throne, not for him to become a cartoonish evil character or some crazy light fanatic but to be someone who puts alliance overall, i’m sick of anduins do-goodism behavior, and jaina, velen and now even tyrande it seems.

You don’t need to give the Alliance a Horde storyline to either make an interesting story or make Horde feel better about playing the bad guy faction.

Very true. There are a lot of characters and issues on the Alliance side that can be used to create a good story.

But why would Blizz bother when it’s easier to reskin a plot already used for the Horde by just changing switching Horde character names with Alliance character names.

If Il’gynoth’s whispers have truth to them and I believe they do, Turalyon will take the throne. That is if he is the golden one referred in this whisper.

“The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.”

Ma Void Elf would not be happy with that, since he’d probably get thrown into the stockade and tortured to give up his voidism. If not slaughtered outright.

1 Like

Turalyon said some pretty bigoted things in Legion and BfA. As far as I’m aware none of his dialogue has been changed.

(yet)

:thinking:

In the cinematic, didn’t we see the poofy-gold light fade from his eyes when Illidan zap Xe’ra? Turalyon did unsheathe his sword and swing, but it was a moment of grief, a half-hearted attempt, as Illidan caught the blade easily.

But the light fading from his eyes was indicative that the blind zealotry was gone. I don’t see Turalyon as a super-Light-fanatic now

What are you talking about? That’s the entire reason he would spurn Alleria for a Light driven crusade, because of his position with the Light.

Illidan had to kill the Naaru to prove a hard message to Velen and Turalyon:

That we all choose our own destiny. Velen failed his people out of his blind faith in the Light. Turalyon was following the same path. As long as Xe’ra held sway over them they would be nothing but blind fools leading their people into disaster after disaster.

Illidan had already seen first hand how Malfurions blind faith in himself was not winning the war against the Legion, and his people were paying for it time and time again. This time the entire world was at stake. Harsh times call for harsh measures.

You saw how easily Illidan stopped Turalyon’s attack after he easily dispatched Xe’ra. This was narrative alluding to the adage that his action, as opposed to blindly following a prophecy, is the only thing that will save the world. It’s a literary tool, probably the last time a true literary tool was used in any Blizzard writing sadly.

If there was an overall point, it was not that fel and void are destructive, but that all aspects, unbalanced, are dangerous if used by the wrong people or in the wrong way, be it Light, Void, or Fel. Thus far of all the Cosmically charged leaders Illidan has been the only one to use his for good.

Turalyon did not “relent”. He was exposed by Illidan as being powerless to stop him. He took his best swing at Illidan and Illidan, even in his weakened state, stopped his attack with a single hand.

We have no character development on Turalyon after this event. We do not know how he has dealt with Xe’ra’s death. At best he has been a bit player since Legion with lip service paid to his position since then. We have no idea how he would react to the Army of Light emerging full force into Azeroth. Reuniting with Tyriel, who we also know very little about between her last appearance and today, could bring about any range of emotions with him regarding the Light and the Void.

There are simply too many unknowns to be able to rationalize Turalyon and gauge his reaction should the Army of Light come to Azeroth, or how he will react to any perceived Void invasion of Azeroth should the Void Lords appear.

That’s rich regarding Illidan, who’s all about blind faith in himself; “Illidan knows the way” my eye - yes, those puns are deliberate. What he knows about fate and destiny wouldn’t fill a thimble. They weren’t all knowing, but least Velen and Xe’ra had prophetic powers, unlike Illidan.

Malfurion wasn’t about “blind faith in himself” and Illidan contributed almost nothing to winning the War of the Ancients; the decisive victories there were won by Furion, Jarod and Broxigar to name a few. Tyrande contributed more to that victory than Illidan, and she spent much of the war as Azshara’s captive.

Velen didn’t fail his people out of blind faith in the Light. Velen was betrayed by close friends (Kil’jaeden, Talgath), forced to fight his brainwashed, demonwarped son and had a crisis of faith as a result. And unlike Illidan, Velen never bent the knee to the Legion. He’s known as “The Betrayer” for good reasons; there is simply too much evidence against rationalizing Illidan as being completely right.

That cinematic wasn’t narrative building, that was edgelord pandering. Illidan knew Turalyon was going to attack him because he shouted “You doomed us all!” as he drew his sword and charged. You don’t need to be genius to figure that out. Plus Velen persuaded Turalyon to back down; if he’d hadn’t, Turalyon might well have struck down Illidan who was exhausted after killing Xe’ra and Turalyon still managed to draw blood from Illidan.

The Army of the Light is already on Azeroth as Lightforged Draenei PCs and NPCs. With Xe’ra jobbed by Illidan and Lothraxion currently missing, Turalyon’s in charge.

You really need to read your lore closer. Then we can talk.

1 Like

No, you do, and drop the Illidan fanboy/fangirl goggles.

This tells me all I need to know about your style of discussion/debate. We are done here.

2 Likes

I’d prefer content that doesn’t insult my intelligence and make everyone a complete imbecile. My suspension of disbelief only goes so far and Blizz blew way past that with BfA and the events leading up to it.

1 Like

Turalyon should die.

I think my comment about you being a rabid Illidan fan struck a nerve.

I pointed out several elements of lore that debunk or undermine your claims, and rather than provide counterarguments to mine, you just accused me of needing to read the lore closer. Turalyon has flaws and issues, but he’s not the zealot you and some other fans see him as or want him to be.

You also accused me after getting parts of the lore wrong yourself. Your claim that Illidan is the only cosmically charged leader to use his power for good is so wrong it’s staggering (Velen, Faol, Alleria and Bolvar to name some… plus Illidan did worse to Akama than what Xe’ra tried to do to him). You couldn’t even get Yrel’s name right… unless you were mocking her, like me calling Illidan “Edgy-dan”, “Incel-lidan” or “Illi-dunce”.

No one is going to be impressed by your weak attempt to paint me as close-minded and ignorant about the lore any more than your attempt to present yourself as a lore expert, especially since your bias for Illidan is clear as day.

2 Likes