I hope Blizzard watches this video

My Retail World of Warcraft Experience (youtube.com)

1 Like

My experience with “new players” is that it doesn’t make sense to talk about “new players” as a group (it is probably misleading yo talk about any set of people as a group, but that’s a longer discussion).

Day9 is an OG professional gamer and streamer who - somehow? - has never played WoW before.

If you liked that, compare with Taliesin’s brother, who is not a gamer whose dinner was cruelly withheld (does the Geneva Convention cover that? :rofl: ) until he finished Cardboard Island. “There is, now, Blizzard developers watching this, crying.” :rofl:

I’ve spent some time with lots of new players. I’ve given up trying to predict what they will find to like, dislike, struggle with, or obsess about. It’s a really big field. But often amusing. :smiley:

I think the guy gives some quality feedback that could improve the beginner player experience. The game is overwhelming for them, there’s so much to learn, and they don’t know the significance of any of the characters in the lore. Maybe the tutorial should be simplified, involve more gameplay, and introduce the player to more of the game’s features. It could finish with them talking to Chromie to pick a timeline and she could give the players an optional dialogue to learn more about the story for each expansion. Just my 2 cents.

Why do we keep sending videos without context to them, if you can’t summarize the video or say your own thoughts about the video then don’t post it.

I just expressed some of my thoughts in the comment above. I agree though.

right, but anyone can give quality feedback to improve the beginner player experience, it’s no brainer lol