I have question about pop

Herod It’s getting unplayable at night with these queues so I wonder Arcanite reaper is a dead server?

It’s listed as a Medium. My server, Earthfury, is also a Medium and I have no difficulties finding groups for content, be it for PvE or PvP… there’s always Alliance to kill, and Horde to play with.

i dont know if this is a real prof > https:// wowpop.appspot. com/
really scary

This addon was broken over a month ago. It is not accurate.

1 Like

People are leaving Classic in droves, regardless of server.

Coke>pepsi true fact.

1 Like

I think your best bet is to make a character on Arcanite Reaper and see for yourself before you decide to transfer. Make an orc or troll and run to Orgrimmar.

3 Likes

I don’t want queues, but moving to a dead server would be bad, I’ll try to see that

1 Like

Was it?

There was some discussion about the /who() API call being able to derive information about which layers people were on.

“addons cannot automatically send /who calls on behalf of players.” - from WoWHead (https://it.wowhead.com/news=295232.2/blizzard-breaks-census-addons-in-classic-who-function-now-protected)

On the appspot app linked above, it says:

" As you may know, the census addons do not work correctly since september 19th . That also means, the amount of active characters will shrink day by day in the shown data!"

https://wowclassicpopulation.com/ also appears to use the ConsensusPlusClassic addon, however, it is confusing as to whether this may still be working, as there does appear to be relatively active (within the past 2 weeks) development ongoing on its github repo.

I’ve just joined the WoWClassicPopulation discord, and am trying to make some sense of how it works…

Yes, Blizz broke the addon.

What does that mean, precisely?

It doesn’t particularly appear that the ConsensusPlusClassic addon depends on automating /who() API calls, which afaik is what was changed.

UPDATE

TL;DR: It works.

So, it seems that this addon does indeed work. Blizzard broke the ability to make automated calls, so there are manual steps to the process.

Reading through the addon-bugs channel in the WowClassicPopulation discord, it seems that there are a couple of ways to manually trigger consensus data gathering using the addon, and that it uses ctrl-T by default, which some locks and hunters seem to have had issues with.

There are suggestion such as enabling the “Send who request on mouse clicks in the world” option, manually starting the process over the minimap button menu, and even making a /run ManualWho() macro.

All of that does make me wonder just how many people would go through the trouble to collect and upload data for the consensus, which would obviously play a major role in the accuracy of the overall data.

1 Like

You certainly did a lot more digging into this than I did, thanks for the information.

I have to agree that a very small percentage of the population is going to do this manually.

1 Like

I am on Arcanite Reaper, transferred here from Whitemane the day AR opened. I can say its the best move ive made. AR is med pop and we see plenty of fairly balanced pvp action, whether its at BRM, SS vs TM, Eastern PL etc. Plenty of meaningful 1v1 or 1v2 battles in the field as well. As for economy and raiding, we have almost a dozen or more raiding guilds on alliance side (dont keep track of horde side sry), and the economy has been great so far, though lower lvl mats are dwindling.

I would highly recommend a move, you will enjoy the game so much more. Server balance seems Alliance favored atm, with what i would guess is 60/40 Alliance heavy.

PS: Just last night, 4.5 guilds rolled to BRM for raid night after Ony head buff. It was an epic showing of people, but not overdone like what is seen on the mega servers.

Blizzard said medium population servers have “more players than the most crowded realms in vanilla”. So if you want to have a closer to vanilla population, then a medium pop is probably accurate. Should be far from dead.

If you can move to Incendius, I would advise that you do so. Great server. Grob is also pretty fantastic based on what I’ve heard. Both of these servers have queues during prime time, but they tend to be very short (10 to 20 minutes at the very most) and a non-issue most nights.

1 Like