Yesterday, as I was fighting a mob in the Legion area, all of my game audio suddenly stopped. No music, no sound effects, no NPC voices can be heard. Nothing else about the game changed–my video is good, my framerates are good, no crashes–but all audio is gone.
- I checked to see if I had accidentally muted my hardware–I had not.
- I checked my hardware volume settings–all are set to 100% volume.
- I checked my OS volume settings–everything normal, and audio is present in all other programs.
- I checked the WOW game settings–all audio was on and not muted.
- I closed the game and the launcher and restarted my computer–still no audio.
- I used the Blizzard Scan and Repair tool–no change.
- I even uninstalled WOW and reinstalled it–still no audio.
At this point, I am at the end of Ideas for how to get this game working properly again. I mean, I can still play, but the audio is a big part of the game, and without it, the game is much less immersive and interesting. So if anyone has any ideas for fixes, I would love to hear them, because I really don’t know where to go from here.