I have become a wow refugee

Funny story. I am going back to EQ for the new 20th anniversary servers. Still keeping my WoW sub so I can play with family but leaving for the most part.

I actually applied for a guild in EQ for the first time since well, BC. Feels weird actually being excited about playing a game (even a 20 year old game) and anticipating the launch of a new server to start on! Guilds taking applications for servers that are not even open yet…

I got excited for BFA, but it was not like this…

1 Like

It’s never pretty when companies eventually drift to the direct polar opposite of their own original mission statement for money. :frowning:

1 Like

Even so, it’s still anecdotal. To say that healers are tyrants as if that would be a common thing to experience is wrong to say. Not to mention, you also talked about healers that want tanks to use defensive cooldowns. You remember what you said about people ignoring roles outside of DPS? As I said, healers wanting tanks to use defensive cooldowns is just them wanting tanks to remember they’re a tank.

Now, are there healers who are toxic about it? Sure, just like there are tanks and DPS who are toxic, and this is true for all online gaming community, not just FFXIV. I posted in another thread about how somebody in WoW was kicked for not using time warp in a normal BfA dungeon, no discussion that I was aware of, just a simple kick. That’s how certain people are sometimes.

OH MY GOODNESS! All these months of playing WoW, I never knew why healers won’t resurrect me and I never thought to ask why because most of the time the whole party wipes soon after.

In WoW there are only two classes that can resurrect other players while in combat - Death Knights and Druids. On top of that, there is a limit on the number of players that can be revived in combat per boss, so often times raid leaders will make the executive decision to leave a dps player dead and save the battle res for a tank or healer just in case.

That makes sense if that’s how combat resurrection works. Just a different take on combat, I suppose.

I don’t know what lore there is in the game. The starting zone wasn’t really captivating, so I didn’t get to the part where I saw it. With WoW I had the advantage of having played WC, WC2, and WC3.

Yeah, I haven’t logged on all week and am romancing other games too. It’s so much grind with so little reward, I feel like WoW is an errand rather than a play session.

In the game I’ve spent the most time on in my WoW absence, I’ve hit dozens of goals and cannot wait to get back on the next one, at my leisure rather than on the game’s schedule. I think I’ve bought my last block of time from Blizzard.

4 Likes

There’s more story than the MSQ. The game has maybe 3 big story lines and several small ones.

I’ve seen more people returning over the past few weeks then I have in a while.

Also still no source for the quote…

2 Likes

This screams entitlement. Shill.

Explain how theyre complete rip offs?

Their each class rips off one spec in wow in some way, usually the spec the worked the best as the baseline with other spec’s abilities added in for flavor.

What quote? Did the new pvp map go so under the radar that you did not know about it even though you claim to play the game?

You coming here to post on WoW forums instead of FF’s is all the info I need to draw my conclusions.

Still subbed till May.

Their each class rips off one spec in wow in some way, usually the spec the worked the best as the baseline with other spec’s abilities added in for flavor.

Actually, their classes and specs are better.

Unpruned.

1 Like

OP is probably already went away 300 posts ago and here you are still arguing why garbage BFA is better than x game.

One gets double xp below 60 on preferred servers. One also gets 1,000,000 gold on new servers when they reach 30.

Here is why your server is full:
Making a character on a new / preferred server and getting them to 30 gets you 15 free days of playtime.

It takes maybe 2-3 hours to get to 30 from a fresh character, and most of that is cutscenes.

The “power player” tryhards probably got their free 15 days from all the preferred realms already and this is them getting their 15 days from this one too.

you are not going to be seeing those people past 30.

No, they have 3 full 1 to = bars of abilities for each class (outside of pvp, where classes have maybe 5 each).

Each of the specs rip off wow in mop, complete with the pointless ability bloat.

One gets double xp below 60 on preferred servers. One also gets 1,000,000 gold on new servers when they reach 30.

Hey.

What a GREAT way to attract and keep new players…

Here is why your server is full: Making a character on a new / preferred server and getting them to 30 gets you 15 free days of playtime.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

It takes maybe 2-3 hours to get to 30 from a fresh character, and most of that is cutscenes.

…and?

The “power player” tryhards probably got their free 15 days from all the preferred realms already and this is them getting their 15 days from this one too.

Yup. Time they will no doubt use and keep and then stay on.

you are not going to be seeing those people past 30.

Wanna bet?

Each of the specs rip off wow in mop, complete with the pointless ability bloat.

Is this also what you said to others ingame? If so, I can take a guess as to why your comments werent well received.

2 Likes

Iandore

You can spin this any way you like, but this

isnt a problem in Eorzea. They have a rotating day night cycle. They can do what Blizzard says cant be done. I can log into the game in the afternoon in Limsa and see a blazing sun and skies.

In WOW all I see is pitch black and stars. We’ve been asking Blizzard to fix this for two and half years.

2 Likes

Because the people that play that game tend to be monumentally insecure (especially when it comes to wow) and they honestly thought their game is original.

Now, do you honestly think market board tryhards and speedrun raiders are going to play these characters past 30? In a game where there is 0 reason for alts past erp?

Where every experience on every character is exactly alike and the classes can be played by scripts as there is no variation in rotations between players as there are no specs?

Unlike in wow, bots in bgs there are usually the top players. The rotations are so rote that they are easier played by machines.

This is because an “eorzea” day is about an hour long. 1 second of real time is 3 eorzea minutes in game.

In wow, the days match real world days.

In other words, if you logged on a half hour later or earlier, it would have been night.

Because the people that play that game tend to be monumentally insecure (especially when it comes to wow) and they honestly thought their game is original.

Really? Thats a sweeping statement if I ever heard one

Now, do you honestly think market board tryhards and speedrun raiders are going to play these characters past 30? In a game where there is 0 reason for alts past erp?

What ERP? here did THIS come from?

Where every experience on every character is exactly alike and the classes can be played by scripts as there is no variation in rotations between players as there are no specs?

Um…you are not making any sense here. HOW long did you play, exactly?

Unlike in wow, bots in bgs there are usually the top players. The rotations are so rote that they are easier played by machines.

I dont pvp either way. We see as many bots in WOW bg’s. Or hadnt you noticed?

This is because an “eorzea” day is about an hour long. 1 second of real time is 3 eorzea minutes in game.

Yup. Hence my word “rotating”.

In wow, the days match real world days.

No they dont. In 2016, Blizzard tied OCEANIC servers to CALIFORNIA time. On OCE servers all we ever see is night time owing to a 17 hour time difference.

We have been asking them to fix it for over two years. Silence.

In other words, if you logged on a half hour later or earlier, it would have been night

And an hour later it would be daytime again. See…thats what you are deliberately ignoring.

In FF14 I get to see daylight ingame.

In WOW…I dont. Ever.

Read that thread.

1 Like

I have been saying it this whole thread to you, and have explained why and how on multiple occasions.

erp is erotic role play. It is ffxiv’s specialty, especially considering how sparse the other content is.

In ffxiv, bots in bgs are incredibly common. Since you can get nothing but glamour and xp with pvp marks, there is little reason for se to do anything about it. Since there is no situation where you need to think about what button to press next (outside of tanking and bard) as there is always a clear best choice, machines tend to clean house in bg.

No one else in that game plays pvp either. Just look at how may ffxiv fans in this thread did not realize there was a new pvp map very similar to wow’s warfronts.

I only see nighttime in game because I always play at night. Problem?