I have a very bizarre and specific issue regarding WoW and a Razer Naga mouse

What happens is occasionally when I hold right-click to look/move, my mouse sensitivity acts as if its set to the max and pans the camera around extremely fast. It doesn’t happen every time either. Only sometimes. The problem only occurs in WoW also. Just wanted to check since this brand is so popular if anyone else also experiences this problem and has found a workaround.

It’s pretty much been an issue for me since MoP and has persisted on two different PCs and 2 different Naga mice over the years

1 Like

I have the same Issue. Im using a Razer Mamba and when i do hold the right mouse button the camera goes all over the place. It occurs about once every 3-5 minutes.

1 Like

What is your polling speed set at?

The polling rate is 500hz. DPI is set to 6500. Acceleration 0

Try lowering the polling rate to 125 Panzeroo

1 Like

I’ve changed it to 125. I haven’t yet had the sensitivity problem occur so fingers crossed maybe that’s the solution

Let me know - few other tricks up my sleeve if that doesn’t help.

It’s still happening in classic WoW. There has to be something wrong with the code. This is the only game this happens in.

The three common fixes for mouse/camera issues are:

1. Lower the “Polling Rate” to 100 - 125 Hz. (depending on software).

2. If it isn’t an issue try disabling the Foreground FPS limiter. Ingame on the Menu > System > Advanced. (Remember to hit the Apply button)

3. Enable the rawMouse CVar. Open a chat box then copy/paste this line. (Ctrl + V will paste it)

/script SetCVar(“rawMouseEnable”, 1);

To check that the script worked go to the Wow folder > retail > WTF - look for the Config file. Open with notepad. This should be at the bottom of CVar list:

SET rawMouseEnable “1”

(0 - zero is off)

Test them one at a time.

There are other less common solutions:

• Update Razer Synapse to latest version

• Try disabling Foreground FPS limiter on Menu > System > Advanced.

• On Battle.net App under “Options” Go to Game Settings > General - scroll down then check that Hardware Acceleration is enabled.

• Navigate to the main Wow folder _retail or _classic folder. Down near the bottom of the list is the Wow icon (W) icon. Right click on the Wow icon. Select “Properties” at bottom of list. Then select “Compatibility” tab along top of next pane. At the bottom of that select (check) “Disable Fullscreen Optimization”

• If you have a Wacom device you might disable things there or temporarily uninstall the Wacom drivers to test.

• Disable NVidia Share then close Geforce Experience