I hate this M+ week

Seriously, why the guy who designed this combos still got a job? fort sang necrotic are NOT fun affixes together, they just completely crap over your pulls when doing high keys, and they are absolutely insufferable showstoppers. Necrotic stopped making any sense the second you massively nerfed aggro generation a few expacs ago, yet you still triple down on it, even more so when mixed with fortified. Stop it, make affix combos that makes me want to push instead of making me want to quit till a better week is up (and next week its tyrannical bolstering explosives, yay for another bad one).

25 Likes

Somebody couldn’t time their key.

8 Likes

There is challenging, then there is fake difficulty. This combo lands in the latter. If you haven’t done keys yourself (+20s onwards), then shut up. You don’t know how much this sucks.

24 Likes

It’s not a matter of he didn’t time his key, it’s alot of these affixes just aren’t fun, call me stupid, but I thought games were supposed to be fun. Blizz seems to have totally lost this concept.

49 Likes

Seconded. I’d prefer something like sang explosives over necrotic. At least there is some counterplay to Orbs that doesn’t require a druid+shaman or kiting to the freaking china while bringing a hunter+rogue at minium.

7 Likes

Most of Blizzards decisions regarding ‘challenge’ in this game the last several years revolve around artificially extending content and slowing players down. Most M+ affixes are overwhelmingly in this category.

This is one reason in-game leaderboards would be better at facilitating competition than bloated affix-based ‘content’.

Steamrolling a dungeon is fun. Running that same dungeon at a higher difficulty is fun. When mobs start hitting so hard that the tank needs to be godlike in their pulling and mob control, that’s a fun challenge.

Having to take 2 steps to the left every five seconds as a caster is not fun.

Having to self-interrupt and stand there doing nothing for a couple seconds several times a pull is not fun.

These things just slow the game down, they don’t actually add compelling challenge. Just annoyances.

My tanks groan with frustration on every necrotic week. And it’s completely warranted.

22 Likes

I would have thought, just in a pure business sense, when you see the player base double for keys on good affix weeks and everyone push and have fun, this is a healthy thing for the game. I dunno, I must be missing something.

5 Likes

Easy fix for tanks: don’t queue, make the participation numbers drop and maybe then Blizzard will re-think their affix combos.

They couldn’t be anymore obvious about the fact they want to push people from fort to tyr and they did it in one of the most predatory ways possible.

8 Likes

they need to release the schedule at the beginning of the patch cycle in PTR, so players can test them & give feedback. They’re all doable, but they could make the combinations a bit more fun i think :100:

3 Likes

I haven’t done any 20s with these affixes yet but I know it’s going to suck.

Fortified/Necrotic/Sanguine is a troll. Blizzard, do you think us not being able to play our class is fun? Do you think tanks enjoy having to kite?? Why are the there so many mobs and bosses that randomly stun you? Having to hold cooldowns is NOT fun. Being unavoidably stunned during cooldowns is NOT fun.

I need to see the armories of the devs. That will clear a lot of things up. We KNOW they see that participation drops when you make stupid affix combos like this, so why do they still do it??

Jesus Christ man
 There is no way any of them play the game at the high level, except Ybarra.

8 Likes

I am of the belief that tanking M+ is not fun most of the time these days. And I have tanked since BC. I don’t like most things about it.

4 Likes

Yeah when I saw this week’s combo I just was left scratching my head on it. Not only do you have to attend to stacks but puddles that can easily drop you low on higher keys. Along with forcing extra kiting this week to deal with both affixes. Seems like DH will shine this week due to their jumps, yet this is just trashcan for other tanks that rely heavily on sled healing. Which is what a lot oft makes do to mitigate damage currently.

The only saving grace to this is the stacks reset when things die. Otherwise seems like a terrible week to try to push and time keys.

1 Like

It’s a great “one and done” week.

1 Like

4 and done, for sure.

And I’ll prolly put them off until Monday nite.

It might be impossible for there to be less tanks these days.

Maybe that’s what Blizz wants to find out.

A ton of people aren’t timing this week. Especially a blood dk. This is a horrible week for blood dk.

Stop making mobs that spam an uninterruptable cast while standing still. Delete sanguine if you’re going to do that.

Remove the interrupt affect from Quaking.

2 Likes

DK tank’s only really manage when doing pulls of fewer than 5 mobs. Other than maybe ToP, this week is bad period. SoA has many pulls where you want to chain packs when possible to do, and its not a option this week, not even as a bear tank. To Note other examples: Ardenweld pulls in DoS, mass blob pull in PF, NW pulls with anima orb, almost all of HoA, SD, etc. A DH might get away with it, but then again you NEED to generate aggro somehow, and a hunter/rogue combo only goes so far to help with that. Do any of the devs actually play this play in high M+ levels? Because if we go by Ion’s case, chances are none of them legit do serious content at all. And thus should by no means create combo like this without player imput.

With no timer, you could cc and clear till you couldn’t live.