I hate the Zandalari storyline

LOL That’s true.

I dont even remember spiders in the quests. Just skip, if you want flying or rep just do the main ones.

1 Like

Maybe try turning the graphics to the very lowest setting? That might make them look less real? And play with the lights on and some music playing that makes you happy or calm or something?

Who knows, this could be a way to help desensitize you a little even :slightly_smiling_face:

I feel terrified of sharks so any time I have to do an underwater thing I get the chills too. Vas’jir was a nightmare… Never going there again. But best of luck to you OP!

2 Likes

Oof, do not play Grounded then. I don’t have arachnophobia and that game still gave me heart attacks!

scariest part of the game so far for me was on the horde deep dive quest, keeping the light off so as not entice an instagib shark death

and here is a famous spider scene:
https://imagesvc.meredithcorp.io/v3/mm/gif?q=85&c=sc&poi=face&w=480&h=320&url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2018%2F03%2Fgiphy-4.gif

I can’t stand the thought of spiders. But I honestly don’t even remember any spider quests in zuldazar.

1 Like

Best advice I can give irl for getting over spiders is to stop, breath, and think. That spider only sees you as something like a moving tree until you poke it. It doesn’t care about you and therefor doesn’t have nefarious motives.

Also try looking at scientific drawins descriptions of other insects/arachnids. Once you understand a body part is just a body part it becomes less scary. Knowledge curbs fear a ton.

Heck once I knew garden spiders were harmless I picked one up. You know what happened? It bite me and I let out a mild ow because I knew that was coming. Then I put it back on its plant and we both went on with life.

I don’t have arachnophobia myself (although I am terrified of wasps) but doing that Terokkarantula quest in Outlands… Ugh… That’s one quest I never want to do again. Ever.

First time I did it I almost crapped bricks and thought to myself, ‘Gods, is this how arachnophobes feel?’ There should be an option to replace to spider models in-game just like they have colorblind mode.

1 Like

spiders make great monsters though, especially if they kinda freak you out.

I don’t have arachnophobia, but I have a phobia of super deep water. When I was doing the Horde war campaign quest, and I had to go under water into the pitch black and if I used the flash light, a shark would come after me - that whole thing messed me up beyond words.

I get it. It’ll be alright though. You can tough it out. If I could do it, you can do it.

OH GODS YEAH. I’m scared of deep water too. Certain parts of Vashj’ir were a nightmare for me. Think it was the loooooong swim down to Throne of the Tides. It’s like going into the portal to hell. Or the edges of the zone that drop off into pitch black nothing. The Outland edges give me the creeps for the same reason.