I hate Mind Sear. Can the Psychic Link build please get buffed?

I think the initial discussion began in context that kind sear would intentionally not be chosen. Like going down an II route.

Guy basically said “I want sear off my action bars”

But numbers werent an question…point was if they can buff psychic link so its better than sear. To an absurd numbers yes…but on reasonable level no. And shadow crash playing a big role in this …not only in rare rare scenarios of 8+ mob pulls
( as you said it) but in cases of crash beign on 30sec cd regardless the mob count. You wont have any aoe before you manualy tab dot everything. And thats the issue on lover health mobs, bigger packs etc (for example the mobs after first boss in halls of infusion)…everything will be dead before you start your aoe.

But it is…and it doesnt matter how small the amount of situations, where it is blatant, is. And it isnt that small as you suggest.

And please. For your cheap attempts to be a grammar police. If you follow up “learn to type” with “i understand it” then your entire “snarky” comment doesnt serve any purpouse other than trying to insult or get some imaginary upper hand in an argument, which is realy cheap. Im sorry if my typing is offending you, but i bet that youre smart enough to figure out that im one of the few dozens of aliens living outside of the US. Does that excuse me…nah…but i feel like i did get my point acros.

Reading your comments across the forum, im not supprised at all.

[quote="Duzurix-azgalor, post:22, topic:1442051"] point was if they can buff psychic link so its better than sear. [/quote]

Please reconcile these two statements for me.

I’m not sure how blizzard would begin to buff something without modifying its numbers.

Numbers are what determine what makes one thing better than another.

At this point you’re simply typing nonsensical statements.

I was gonna type more but I can only repeat myself so many times. I know when a reader is incapable and/or unwilling to read what is being typed to them and to understand it.

All the best

You actually don’t. Only Sear.

Talk to Ellipsis. Link is not worth 2pts by a longshot.

I think you do after the buff.

I’d have to look at my talents after copying the mplus build from the discord.

Edit - Just checked my talents. You do take both for both current mplus builds

Negligible, at best I would guess. Losing 1 pt in Inescapable torment and 2 points in Maddening Touch to get 2 pts in Link with no nodes to get to bender other than Harnessed will hurt AOE and ST with Bender and ST Insanity generation (though small) for far less damage than Bender/IT provides to both ST and AOE and PL only being useful in AOE. Bender syngergizes nice with DA for the direct dams and if you run Y’Shaarj another 5% dams on top for burst phases.

A lot to lose for what is probably negligible DPS in AOE from Link. The only worthwhile buttons to hit with PL are Blast/Spike(proc) since Flay in any form is weaksauce. But I haven’t tried running it yet, though. I top during AOE so I’m not sure how much more is needed when everyone else trucks at the same time, even if I am absent in AOE, even undergeared for M0. Might be different at 15+ but I obviously can’t test that yet. Right now even in M0 everything dies fast in AOE or ST so I’ll wait on some smarter minds to figure it out. My brain math tells me it will be negligible with losing other talents I’d rather have for boss pump when everyone seems to have AOE bigness.

Did you miss where Link got buffed?

Literally both Mplus builds with the ST - Cthuun+Yogg and the more aoe Ysharr+Yogg builds run it.

Nope. Didn’t miss it or the discussions that followed with the guide authors, either.

Well thats more so of a problem of not having a proper AoE spender. Now we dont have an AoE builder and sorta have to rely on procs, cooldowns, and tank pulls to get going on AoE. I didnt really realize how bad it was till i started an alt. I’d image every other spec in the game with builder/spender mechanics have a builder AoE.

1 Like

what do you drop in order to have PL?

The buff doesnt make it better than Sear for AoE. With that being said, those talents serve 2 different purposes. Link is for cleave, not AoE. Also lets not forget the obvious, you can take them both, they are not competing with each other at all.

Mind Sear as a spender has actually grown on me. Shadow Crash on the other hand needs a quality of life change, everything is so fast paced missing one just kills the momentum.

2 Likes

If Publik is listing it as a current build for mplus its worth taking.

I never claimed it did. My point was that currently you take both.

He does and that’s fine. Other Priests that make guides don’t. It’s fine for cleave but we aren’t lacking in cleave. Those points IMO are better spent elsewhere. You’re not cleaving if you’re not dotting and if you’re spending time dotting you’re dropping globals for little return - if you catch everything you can in a crash that’s it. I don’t think I’ve hard casted VT in dungeons outside of 2 targets - you’re not hitting more than your standard AOE rotation but you can hit more targets with Bender and 2pts in Torment slapping the squid on a target just clipping the outside of your Crash/Sear like a couple of caster mobs that aren’t in the huddle because you already blew your shhhhhh on one to bring them in to the bang with the tank. Not dotting them both just let the Bender sit on them and Torment when you press buttons on the main group.

If there was extra insanity generation from it I can see it being more useful but the negligible damage from Link doesn’t seem worth it when you need to hit multiples. I’d rather have harder hitting buttons for ST. I haven’t seen groups not have enough AOE or Cleave, it’s usually ST that suffers due to mechanics like movement for some.

Will have to see how it goes in higher keys so I’ll wait to make a final assessment then. Right now I don’t see it as a benefit, there’s more versatility with Bender alone if you need him and Sear hits for plenty when needed.

My biggest issue is the occasional clip from Crash movement. That’s more concerning for clean runs. Still needs to be mob targeted, IMO. Clipping an add wave because you’re 0.5s off pressing the button on the summon in the middle of a boss feels bad, our output doesn’t. Again higher keys I’ll feel it out but not worried about not taking it.

Shadows m+ build is a group of active spells (Bender, VF, crash, sear), a few good passives (IT, MD, AM, Screams), two idols, and a handful of talents that can go literally anywhere else.

PL is one of those places.

From what ive read, its an moreso an option based on what you are taking as oppose to being a goto spell like Mind Sear.

You don’t take Mind Spike or any of the talents that buff it when doing M+

Paladins only have aoe spender and no builder. They have consecration and divine storm. I think their aoe feels pretty good.

I dont think that specifically feels bad, what i do think feels bad is aoe builder with no spender like sin rogue in the past (or all rogue specs when they only had FoK)

Shadows general aoe feels pretty good, core abilities cleave to dotted targets and sear is a big hefty damage pump button, the only problem is dot application, which brings in all the problems SC has. Its unreliable, its not up enough and it impedes on single target.

psychic link effectively lets MB and MF fulfill the builder niche while dealing aoe damage. We dont need a dedicated builder.

Everything is an option the difference is that currently it’s the best options.

i am not sure you want to use paladins as an example who atm think their gameplay feels awful and would just further support my argument.