I hate melee survival but

I’d probably enjoy it if I could dual-wield. It’s shallow, I know.

8 Likes

A D&D Ranger kind of shallow?

Id love if they would use 1 handed weapon + ranged weapon. Skills being affected by both weapons depending if its used at ranged or melee

1 Like

Blizz killed same-spec 2h/DW options for DKs, shammies, and warriors; I don’t see them adding the option for hunters.

3 Likes

We used to dual wield and it was awesome. I agree hunter should dual wield be a light furry warrior. In vanilla I would tank instances because there wasn’t any tanks. You wear mail you can tank this, hold agro. That is where the problem was holding agro. We CC’d more back then too. Spirit bond +fast pet pre nerf 1.04 with survival was a tank spec and awesome I never died.

1 Like

Aren’t there rumors that they are gonna bring back those options do Dks, and warriors?

Also shouldn’t we just lobby for these options to come back to all these class/specs instead of saying one shouldn’t because others can’t? Like lets make everyone move forward together.

A nice compromise is letting us have it cosmetically. I mean they’ve shown with the toy weapon set that weapon types can have a cosmetic layer over them without breaking the game or requiring balancing. I for one just want the look.

I don’t know about the rumor for warriors, but for DK the rumor was based on a datamined 2h weapon model from the DK vendor that was changed to a 1h :X.

Like, I said, I don’t think it’s going to happen. You can lobby all you want. Blizz has trouble balancing the spec for both weapon sets. That’s why 2h enh and frost were killed. Probably SMF, too.

This sounds good. But if it’s anything like Blizz’s beta BfA promise to allow ferals and guardians to allow them to use their artifact skins without the artifact weapon xmog, don’t hold your breath.

It’s cool I can only stand playing certain Races. Everyone has their thing.

Worgen SV Hunter is so yes though.

They are supposed to loosen weapon restrictions in the XP. So " soon".

1 Like

I’d love to see you duel wield staves and pole arms. That would be funny.

1 Like

Well, let’s look at the classes they added to the game…Death Knight check, Demon Hunter check , Monk WTF!?! …sure… …….and STILL no Ranger. The ONE class that’s DEEPLY rooted in lore and we have yet to see them.

1 Like

There really needs to be another Bow class/spec.

3 Likes

I would take a Drizzt kind of shallow any day ;D

4 Likes

Sadly, WoW doesn’t much have synergy with D&D concepts. In my current campaign, we have a drow ranger that DOESN’T melee. He’s a gloomstalker ranger/arcane archer fighter. And to enhance the old guard hunter community’s morale, he was the best contributor in defending a certain Waterdhavian city from a goblinoid army that brought in hill giants. He had the ability to shoot up to 600 feet away without disadvantage.

So not to take anything from Drizzt, but ranged rangers are just as good as melee rangers.

But I understand that D&D =/= WoW. We have Neverwinter as an MMO, and while free, it’s more limited in content than WoW. But I agree this much. Rangers in D&D can easily obtain two-weapon fighting, and if SV remains melee I have no qualms letting them dual wield.

Inspired from D&D:

-Dex Warriors
-Monks with the whole “Zen Archery” thing
-Death Knights as a potential “Dark Ranger” spec
-Rogues

That’s the thing, there is enough WoW “lore” that you don’t even need to go as far as D&D for extra inspiration.

3 Likes

Agreed

One of the reasons why I race changed to nightborne (Drow) and roll with a Nightsaber (Guenhwyvar) or manasaber

Would totally dual wield scimitars or katanas

2 Likes

Ooo yeah! :smiley:

Lolth will prevail though. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Tinker, using Guns.

Bleh guns, no thanks.

Or perhaps some form of Shadow Hunter, I could see it. ( The Troll one, as seen in WC3 )

1 Like