I Hate Feeling Punished for Wanting to Play a Different Character

Probably 8.3 or 8.3.5. They want you to waste your damn time grinding them from zero on every separate character until they introduce the rubberbanding that hands them out for free to benefit all those new activations.

If everything were accound-bound there would be very little character progression.

I feel punished whenever I have to see someone misuse the word ā€œpunishedā€

1 Like

AP hasnā€™t been an issue for months.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/boulderfist/calein

These are my 2 120 alts, I havenā€™t played them much at all in BFA except to do emissary quests, some benthic and a some world boss stuff. I only recently started doign some normal ET on the rogue so I could start to earn that essence. My point is if you look at their HoAā€™s you will notice that the rogue is almost as high as my main and my DK alt who I hardly even play is 62.

The only grind left for alts is the essence system and even that isnā€™t that bad. My rogue has 2 level 3s, and I should have 2 more in the next week or two.

That said I wouldnā€™t object to a catch up mechanic for re-earning ones you already have to level 3 but account wide should never happen. The essences are just too much of a power boost to hand them out to all out alts for free.

1 Like

That is some really heavy duty selective perception you have going there. Legion of all expansions focused on every class being a different experience.

That was the first expansion I actually made an effort to get all classes to max level. I think I was missing a shaman, a warrior and a pally up to that point in time.

And WoD was the expansion where people created masses of max level characters to farm garrison goldā€¦

Yesterday I played my Paladin for headless horsemen remembered why I love Paladin, then got hit in the face with the Essence bat and went back to my DH.

I vowed to not even care about the essences the system was so bad. Whatever fell in my lap is what i use, no chasing or grinding for me. Im not mythic raider so it just doesnt matter.