I Hate Feeling Punished for Wanting to Play a Different Character

This right here is why, no matter how many times my friends offer to run my Horde monk through m+ for gear, there’s no way I’ll be joining them Horde side for any serious play. They can catch up my ilvl, but they can’t catch up my essence grind.

1 Like

Neither has Blizzard.

There already is plenty to reduce the grind - it’s called catchup mechanics.

1 - You can already fly if you got in on your main.
2 - You get springboarded to neck level 35 through the Najz questline.
3 - Most levels until close to 65 are like 1k AP per level.
4 - Benthic gear and other catchup mechanics.

There’s already plenty to get you going. My Warrior alt has been around for maybe a month now and he’s already only 6 ilvls behind my main with full 425 benthnic bis (3 of the pieces having sockets), max professions with many rank 3 recipes, multiple lvl 3 essences, and his neck is at lvl 69.

Knowing that it took me a month what my main did the entire year of playing… that’s pretty fast catch up mechanics.

VoP is not hard to get to lvl 2 - level 3 doens’t give much benefit. Lucid Dreams at lvl 3 isn’t tough to get.

Is doing any regearing really “fun” on any alt. “Fun” is subjective and doing any leveling again through content I did before always feels like a chore to me, but I’m not crying about it on the forums, am I?

I know the intention of implementing these grinds is to encourage play time, but for me it’s been the opposite. My mage is pretty much geared to the teeth, but I simply don’t have the willpower to grind out another necklace and spend 2-3 weeks getting rank 3 essences. So my desire to log in has decreased substantially.

I might jump in and work on some allied race heritage armors in the meantime.

Did I ever say it was hard? No, of course not. It’s not hard at all. It’s a time gated essence that’s BiS for a character I want to play locked behind a rep based quest line that I have done twice already. And all of those other things you listed had nothing to do with essences. I’m not talking about anything else besides essences here. There’s a difference between something that’s hard to get and something that is tedious and mind-numbing that you’ve already done before. I’m not doing Naz 3 times to get rank 3 lucid dreams, it’s ridiculous that people and Blizzard think that’s okay.

You keep saying regearing, you keep saying AP, you are so thick headed bro. I’m talking about ESSENCES. Gear is not hard to obtain and the AP grind is easy AF. I’m talking about stupid time-gated BiS essences locked behind weeks of content that I’ve already done. Why are you so dense?

1 Like

This is what I see every time I see one of these threads:

If you want something, do the work. Don’t whine about it.

2 Likes

I find it hard to understand how players can level up multiple characters (there’s no way players didn’t repeat the majority of the same quests each time they level up a new character) but redoing a single zone is such a pain that they rather stop playing altogether.

How many zones did these players redo on their alt(s) each time they leveled up new characters? But doing Nazjatar over again is so spirit-breaking they’d rather quit.

Not whining, simply baffled by the fact that you think endless amounts of repeated grinding is somehow feeling entitled. I did all the grinds in 8.2 and 8.0 to get AotC, and I worked towards that goal. But do I want to do Naz all over again so I can play a shadow priest? Nope, tell me how that’s fun.

What you’re saying then, is you can’t pick a main for raiding or Mythic+?

How is the the fault of the game and its systems?

Simple really, I can no-life one weekend and smash my way to 120, but the Naz questline is time-gated. That’s the difference

2 Likes

Then go unlock flying. It’s a breeze after that.

My main (this char) is ilvl 416 cus i only do lfr and other auto group formation stuff, dont have a guild cus I got 2 babies and cant make raid times most of the time. All my alts are ilvl 385 which is basically all benthic gear at default (thank god for boa on them) ilvl 370 free epix weap from early nazjatar, and stuff they get from daily wqs. None of them have any essences except for the welfare one you get from that one quest. Now compare that to Legion, when all of them had 2 legendaries, completed their class hall and got their class mount, and it makes me wanna cry :confused:

Doubt many people have that all 12 class hall completed achieve :stuck_out_tongue:

People get paid for work, but we’re paying Blizzard because we don’t want to work, we want to be entertained. It’s not a job, it’s a hobby.

1 Like

I sure didn’t get it. I only got 8 done. I wish I could have done all 12 though. Some of my alts weren’t even close to being able to complete though.

Well done.

Then answer me this:

Why should they just hand over anything because you can’t commit to a single character?

Ever played D & D? Do you demand the dungeon master transfer all your winnings over from your Warrior to your Mage? No, you wouldn’t.

And it’s silly to ask Blizz to do the same for you.

In my case, it’s literally that I just hate Nazjatar that much. I hated it before flying. I hate it with flying. I hate it on my undergeared feral druid that I’m really bad at playing. I hate it on my raid geared hunter. I hate the zone design. I loathe my bodyguards. I hate that leveling the stupid bodyguards is a requirement for the essences, beyond just grinding the rep.

The only thing I don’t hate about Nazjatar is the raid itself.

I hate Mechagon like you hate Nazjatar! But I get it. Just to me, it’s all the same. Rep grind or same zones same quests same story leveling up multiple characters — all feels stale to me so I guess I can’t see what other see with only Nazjatar or only the bodyguards.

ilvl used to be that time investment that made our favorite character shine. ilvl mostly becoming incidental seems to have gone hand in hand with all these silly AP grinds we get now.

And people wonder why me and other Priests are irritated about the situation with Shadow.

This right here is why. You fix problems before an expansion launches, not at the end of it when people have geared up, hunted for essences, and other things. You also stop doubling down on trash mechanics like Voidform and listen to your players feedback. You do not let them post on Beta for months, and then do the exact opposite (looking at you Heart of Azeroth / Azerite Gear).

What they need to do right now are these three things:

1.) Essences go Account-Wide.
2.) Priests get a 1 time free Class-Change if they want.
3.) Removal of Holy or Disc, re-consolidation of Priests with 2 DPS Trees and 1 Heal Tree.

With all the controversies going on, the questionable design, writing, and lack of any meaningful communication this last year and a half; I suspect Blizzcon is going to be a hot mess and a PR disaster to say the very least.

I’m having a hard time focusing on just being ONE character. But if I don’t I’m never going to get through all this crap.

The point is that the work has already been done by the person.

They’re not asking for max level essences just because they hit 120.