I had no fun while unlocking the water strider

I hated every second of the grind. I hate the timewalking dungeons. They are overtuned, I am not familiar with the mechanics, and they offer no reward I care about. Except for the water strider.

I don’t inherently like the water strider. In my opinion, it is somewhat ugly. But it’s a small price to pay to counter the poor FUNCTIONAL design of BFA. Namely, rivers and bays everywhere. And importantly, too many dazing mobs everywhere.

I was so annoyed by this core BFA design, that I was willing to do things I hate for a long time just to make BFA a passable experience. Recently, I unlocked the waterstrider, and the game finally sucked less. With the consumable, you can have both waterwalking and daze resistance simultaniously. Well, not any more.

I am appalled by the announced change. Current developers value ANNOYING THE PLAYERS more than they value PLAYER ACHIEVEMENT. They want us to be dazed. Or stuck in water. We must suffer. Because that’s the theme of BFA. If you play it, you will suffer.

If you take my waterstrider away, the thing I toiled for, what is next? You took away flying. Now you take away waterwalking/undazed combo. Will you take away ground mounts next? Next expansion, you must level 120-125 on foot, and then you can buy riding skill you inexplicably forgot for 100k per alt? What next?

I will not be there to find out. I realized something important. I tried so hard to avoid the new fundamentals of the game. That means I actually hate the game. I hate BFA. So why should I keep paying for it?

I’m done.

Edit: the anti dazed item isn’t necessarily going away. So I might have propagated some fake news here. That said, the rest of the post does hold.

18 Likes

I have the solution, take away the herbs gatheriing ability from the Golem mount too and make it also a mount equipment item.

2 Likes

Is the consumable going away?

?

I got both water striders and never did a time walking dungeon. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Is there a third one I don’t know about? I got the Pandaren one and the WoD lunker one. Hmm, did a search only saw “azure” and “crimson”, which are the ones I have.

3 Likes

My understanding was that it was incompatible with water walking. I might be missinformed. If so, I will cooldown a bit.

I hate fishing more than tw dungeona.

And kill off the ah mount too. Make them all worthless. What an idea

2 Likes

Actually, the irony is that players ASKED for this. They asked in quite a few threads, actually.

They asked, specifically, that maybe Blizzard could make it an “item” or something so they could have any mount “water walking.”

I don’t think any of them specifically asked for the “native” striders to not already have it anyway, but let me introduce you to some people I call “Blizzard.”

5 Likes

Like a water walking potion or something?

2 Likes

On what hard information did you base your understanding? I have heard nothing about the consumable buffs we have now being affected in any way.

I think back in the day water walking was for dks .and it came in the form of a potion…? I think. Someone can clarify.

Bye whiner you wont be missed one more down the drain bet you can’t wait for vanilla immersive experience !!!

I think they said that if the mount has a special ability it can only use it’s special ability or the new mount slot item, not both.

The azure water strider can be farmed with timewarped badges in timewalking. You can use these to buy rep. It’s how I got mine (rep tokens are account-bound so it wasn’t that hard with lots of alts).

3 Likes

no, it started as a shaman ability which long ago needed a reagent(fish oil or fish scales one of the 2 I forget) naturally as it goes with quite literally everything decent or useful that class has or has had it was improved and given to another(dk path of frost) and later added to a rep locked mount which to be realistic is one of the lamer looking mounts and thus has nothing to justify it’s existence beyond the water walking feature

3 Likes

Man, WoW players really can whine about anything. Blizz could find a way to perfectly balance every class for the foreseeable future and you guys would cry about putting the people who do the balance changes out of a job.

4 Likes

I thought they were giving all mounts the ability to walk on water in 8.2 with a piece of mount equipment that you get for free if you have a water strider?

Well, two things about that.

1. I would like that, as its the only one I would use as a blood dk.
  2. There is a fundamental difference between the water strider and the sky golem. Namely that the water strider is a rep grind. The sky golem is an engineering craftable. Taking the herbing function off of sky golem would most likely kill the market for anyone trying to sell them. Which imo is a bad thing.

That’s because the ptr isn’t out yet. I wouldnt put it past blizz to “forget” to tell is about removing those items just to gloss over “the new best thing”.

1 Like

Therefore this is just speculation. It’s not based on any actual verifiable facts. As I thought.