I had a brainwave about human heritage armor

I was thinking about the upcoming human heritage armor last night. Trying to think of what kind of symbol could possibly embody and represent all the disparate humans of stormwind. What is something from our past that around which we can all unite and rally?..

BAM! Our beloved fallen king Varian Wrynn!

As we all know there wasn’t much left of him, or his armor, after Gul’dan killed him. But those lovely shoulder pieces weren’t there in that moment. Those were left in the water off the coast of the broken shore.

What’s to stop a determined adventurer from getting out there and fishing them up (not literally I hope)?

While I think the overall heritage set should still be appropriate for all classes, I think these shoulder pieces would make for a fantastic focal point. Big, ornate, not-at-all-cloth looking shoulder armor is not unheard of on cloth sets. A lion and an eagle are already the most obvious symbols for stormwind. So they’ve got that covered. And these would also come from a most significant part of the humans’ history. Plus those shoulder pieces were just dumped in that cinematic and then forgotten about. I think it would be nice to tie it all up.

So come on, blizz. Make it happen. For Varian.