I guess it's over (Goodbye)

Op I think you seriously need to take a break of World of Warcraft if the News upsets you so much.

Like really. You need to get your hate mindset off of the other races like Humans for example and look hard in a mirror or actually get help. I don’t say this to bring you down or anything. But as much of people want to see the story get good it is unfortunately not going to happen. Pretty much the story for me when it was great started to died right after when Mists was ended when WoD was announced and from there it goes from Worst to good to meh and pretty much mixed over all.

Plus the Night Elf Fans atleast are lucky that Tyrande is alive. Meanwhile you got the Forsaken Fans that are very angry about their capital taken, lands gone, and Sylvanas turned insane bad guy and now people are upset with Calia being Leader without much development during BFA. Only way I see the Story even getting any better is atleast the Night Elf Leadership getting better and of course actually getting back their lands fully and regain much of their identity. Parts of it was there in BFA but not really.

That’s pretty much my take. I’m not a huge Night Elf Fan nor a Forsaken One but I would like to see both sides happy instead of a toxic flame war that never ends with both sides getting ether annoyed or just harassed. But honest you can’t make everyone happy.

Take care a break off of the Forums and Wow in General. Focus on things in Life that makes you happy and when you finally got your Mental Health all well. I’m not good with Advices and even through There was stuff in the past that was negative. You should atleast focus on the good things in life instead of letting all of the negative thoughts make you extremely upset. Time and Life is too short for ridiculously fights with people or heated debates.

I hope you are feeling well and of course take care of yourself.

2 Likes

I just got back so I haven’t been following your posts as well as others Elesana. But I know you have been very passionate about Night Elf lore and unhappy about the state of it for some time. I hope the story turns in directions that you enjoy and can find something to smile about in the future.

2 Likes

It was really sad (as in seeing a Lambo being drove into a flooded street) to see the turn Nelve writing took.

I really wonder why would blizzard do such an excellent job in disrrupting one of the first things that got me into this game (and I bet many others) which was race identity.
I loved the Wc3 concept of nightelves being this sort of feral, wild hunters with a Lot of connection with nature (guardian trees!!) and very “cat-like” xenophobic introvert people.

And now they’ve evolved into frustrated cheerleaders who can’t performer well a single time, an ancestral timeless race turned the buffoons of the Alliance (Humans, all other races don’t figure as well).

I feel you, I really do my best to push my original feels& thought of the race but damn Blizz pulls hard in the opposite.

6 Likes

Nazgrim didn’t commit suicide though. He died in combat. He went down fighting, just like Saurfang did. The difference between the two is that Nazgrim believed honoring the Horde meant honoring his Warchief while Saurfang recognized bad warchiefs were bad for the Horde, and acted accordingly.

I’m not exactly sure why you’re trying to shuffle a samurai’s ritualistic suicide into warriors of the Horde. Aside from the burning blade maybe, it wasn’t widely practiced. Especially in a sense where doing it would send “ripples” of discontent through the Horde.

Mak’gora is more effective for them.

2 Likes

'Claiming what is mine" Literal and metaphorical.
When he said that the only thing it was his to claim was his life. He went in the kilning field of Lordaeron to claim his life but also his life worth.

He had his great chance at the battle of Lordaeron but he let it pass when he spared Anduin life. A honorable warriors death was never a motive for Saurfangs actions.

1 Like

You seem to think that honor relies on fighting stupid.

1 Like

Incorrect. He decided on Suicide By Alliance. It was Anduin who denied him that choice and took him prisoner instead.

3 Likes

When Rokhan is there to break out Talanji, Saurfang decides of his own will to remain in jail. He was offered the chance to leave. But he chose to remain in jail.

3 Likes

Considering they think flanking an engaged unit isn’t honorable, that does fit Orcs at times.

4 Likes

That was the choice he made later, but at the Battle of Lordaron he was trying for nothing more than suicide.

3 Likes

He could have ignored Zekhan and kept walking into the Alliance front if he wanted. If he wanted to gaurantee his death he could have killed Anduin during the battle and there would likely have been no chance they would have taken him prisoner. Yet each time he either turns back or stays his hand or does something to denies him that honorable death he craved.

Probably because he was influenced by Zekhan’s words that the Horde was worth fighting for.

1 Like

While samurai had the kirisute gomen or license to cut down persons below them in rank for failing to show the appropriate obeisance, and the daimyo were never really super concerned with the fate of peasants outside of preventing peasant rebellion, it’s the eta who were the “subhumans” in the Japanese caste system. Peasants, as in farmers, actually occupied a relatively higher position in the Japanese caste system (as compared to many social pyramids of the time) because of the Buddhist principles which acknowledged their efforts to grow the food upon which everyone else depended, including the samurai.

The merchants, on the other hand, were at the bottom because they produced nothing of value, merely moved around what other people had already made. Perhaps ironically, the merchants ended up with all the money (as merchants are wont to do) and by the end of the Tokugawa shogunate were far wealthier than their low social status would indicate, whereas some samurai families, despite being noble, were downright destitute.

Apologies - people talking about Japan draws out my inner pedant.

13 Likes

And then after that he was influenced again by Sylvannas’ actions during the Battle of Lordaeron that followed. Saurfang rides an emotinal roller coaster during the entire affairr.

Such a great song.

:cactus:

You make it sound like NOT being emotionally influenced by someone dropping a lethal biologic weapon on your own troops is the norm.

Honestly even if they took the worst suggestions from here it couldn’t make the story that much worse. WoW survives because of its group content the story is total junk.

2 Likes

Agreed. I think Blizzard really failed their playerbase with BFA.

12 Likes

It’s really hard to parse your statement. It’s more accurate to say that not having your leader gas your own troops is the norm.

It’s not what someone would call an expected move from your own leader.

But in real life, that’s not so abnormal. We firestormed Dresden, and Hiroshima knowing that there were Allied POW’s in both locations. So no one should take Sylvannas’ level of pragmatism as something that abnormal.

1 Like

Ok, but that doesn’t have much to do with the discussion at hand, does it? We’re talking about Saurfang’s reactions to Sylvanas burning Teldrassil or gassing her troops, not whether her actions can be considered “abnormal”.

My only complaint on his reactions in this sense was that he should have challenged her order to burn the tree before it was carried out instead of waiting until the thing was blazing to start with the “There is no Honor in this” protest. He probably could have done the same thing before the battle of Lordaeron too instead of marching across the field to try and solo the Alliance army.

Beyond that, he at least cared enough about things to do something about it and because of his actions, the war’s over and Alliance and Horde are now at relative peace. Sure, he needed some poking and prodding from Zekhan and Anduin to act but that’s credit to them, not discredit to him.

1 Like

I still don’t get how we got Saurfang from the trailer, to the one actually presented within the scenario.

To your main point, it is so bizzare that it took him so long to be, “that’s not cool guys.” It’s even stranger that Baines tipping point was Derek Proudmoore being brain-sapped. I mean, I get it, doing so went against the whole ideology of being Forsaken with taking away his freewill. Why did it take so long for either of these guys to standup against zombie queen?

How did the Alliance go from, we’ll be recruiting farmers next, to “lets send these guys on a suicide mission to make these guy not join the Horde.” I just, ugh…

I kind of wish they would have introduced Kul Tiras and Zandalar at a later patch so they could have focused on the internal drama within the factions to build that narrative more.

And more toward the OP and their concerns for the Night Elves…I mean, it did deserve to be explored more instead of it being a Warfront and a few Garrison Missions. They just didn’t explore the narrative they presented within the trailer of the expansion well at all.

4 Likes