I gots the troll fever!

~https://i.imgur.com/KkrHCLA.jpg

(Can’t post images, still trust lvl 2 for now, but trust me, it shows all Blizz would need to see, I think)

TLDR: I’m the guy that ran the “make Zandalari taller” campaign, and Blizzard DID listen and now we have our 10% large Zandas. Since they saw my passion for trolls (not even counting all my years of other posts), I am hopeful someone at Blizz sees this and can see how simple it is to implement. With Zandalari joining the Horde it only makes sense the other tribes would too. And, here you see my mockup. At the very least Revantusk (forest trolls in the Horde since Vanilla) should be playable with their main enemies the Wildhammer Dwarfs available to Alliance to maintain a balance. However, more details to follow below!

Hello troll player! Have you spent the last 15 years RPing as a forest, ice, or sand troll and asked yourself, why can’t I just look like those NPCs? Well, now you could- if you support my post here! While all of us troll aficionados would love to see new race-specific models, or have access even to the low polygon texture trolls, this would create a HUGE amount of work for Blizzard, and those guys have enough on their plate. However, I think most of us would be quite happy even just unlocking access (maybe if Zandas are unlocked or something) to the skins and just stick them on Darkspear models. Blizz literally has no extra work to do- the skins are there, the models are finished, and we, my regeneratin’, tusked brothers and sisters- have access to juicy new tribes!

But wait! I know what you are thinking (if you’re an Alliance player), you’re thinking, “Ok, Old Zul, so that’s what you’d like- well, I call Horde bias, Tusky La Rue!” And, so you have a point. However, a very easy solution is having Wildhammer skins available to the dwarf players (maybe if Dark Irons are unlocked or something). Remember, the forest trolls (like Revantusk) have been at war with the Wildhammer for thousands of years longer than anyone or anything else.

Hello, Blizzard rep! That’s right! No need to spend months on making heritage armor. No need to work your animators till they bleed! No need to think up new racials to balance! No new mounts to design! No need to pay your artists over time! Nope- you have it all, right here and right now, ready to go with a simple click of a button! You could make a lot of folks happy here, without needing to do any work at all, and no one would be upset or angry- imagine it! You, my stoutly corporation, making a decision that costs you nothing but makes many members of you community ecstatic. No risk, no cost, and only a positive return on your miniscule investment. Yeah, that’s it Blizz rep, I see the smile on your face and that twinkle in your eye! You look like Jastor Gallywix staring at a mountain of azerite! C’mon, push the button and let’s do this!

9 Likes

This is a great idea as I too have the troll fever! Plus Alliance get something good too.

2 Likes

Allied races are cool but I would’ve like just subrace customization options much more. A lot more variety.

I think doing something like this would be great and if they wanted to do more later they could easily build on it.

2 Likes

Zul’drak forever.

1 Like

This would be neat!

1 Like

Dude I’m the same way! I love trolls and would play nothing but trolls!

I want forest trolls. Revantusk make the most sense, despite the Amani being the coolest (imo).

I had some out of the box ideas to get more troll races and make them slightly different.

1. The Drakkari trolls are all but gone… but what if we get them to join by Sylvanas raising their Frost King (from the ToT raid), and helping him reclaim the Drakkari Ice Trolls as an undead ice troll race. We take him to Gundrak and that’s their base of operation for the horde. These could be the option for the undead allied race.

2. While I would love regular forest trolls, a crazy alternative would be animal loa trolls (like the bosses from ZA). Perhaps their animal loas cursed them or blessed them to gain these animal forms. They would share the worgen rig.

3. Perhaps the giant sword in Azeroth unearthed a secret cave or tunnel that reveals a lost tribe of dark trolls that were thought to be extinct. They would have evolved to look slightly different… having been underground so long… their eyes are no longer usable and stuff like that.

But yeah I love trolls and can’t get enough. I would prefer regular forest, ice, and sand trolls… but I’d be down for some crazy ideas to make them slightly different.

Edit: I do like your troll idea. Perhaps there could be a quest to unlock the new skins (like the night elf eyes). With the Zandalari recruitment quests it shows how talanji is trying to be a better leader and unite the trolls. Would be cool if the darkspear isles became the official training ground for all new troll recruits. So they could do as you say and just give regular trolls additional skin options to be the other troll tribes (like how the mag’har have different clan options).

The dwarves could get wildhammer and frostborn options.

Everyone wins!

I’d give you a like but I’m out :pensive:

Id be all for this! Trolls are the best race in this game! More Trolls would be great!

3 Likes

Well, the best thing is that it is already in the game and good to go. That’s why I really think it could work well for the community and Blizzard both. Now granted, if they were seeking to make a profit- they could. They could make it a “cosmetic option” one must purchase for $10 or something, but otherwise, I think it would be a fun little treat they can give us at virtually no cost to themselves.

I love myself just the way I am. :heart_eyes:

Would looove this. Could be handled similar to how they did the night warrior thing. Maybe do a few sidequests and unlock a bulkier body type (forest trolls and such) or some extra skintones for other tribes (sandfury, etc). Most of them already use the darkspear model/rigging so win-win.

1 Like

Yeah, I could see this happen, at least I hope it could. I could be wrong about the amount of work it would take Blizz, but if one goes to WoWhead and the dressing room, for many a year, I would go in there and just look at versions of my toon I could not make but wanted. There, you can simply click a little checkbox that says “show NPC only options”, and there they appear.

So, say you make a Darkspear, if you click that instead of the Darkspear skins being let’s say 01 - 06, they now go from 01 to 11. So, it’s really just adding whatever numbers the green, white, and maroon skin colors are. Now, as a side suggestion to anyone from Blizz that happens upon this- there are those “mummy” troll skins as well, and I was thinking that that might be a cool extra skin for troll DKs. I don’t know if there is an extra option for dwarves for that, but just another cool idea that I am sure would make a few hundred people happy and again costs nothing and needs no work to do.

1 Like

I would love access to the unavailable colors. The Sandfury mottled brown has always been cool to me.

It would be very awesome! A troll can dream… a troll can dream…

Still makes more sense than Highmountain/nightborne

Well, no new allied races announced on the Q&A. I think there will probably be much less allied races in total than a lot of us imagined originally. But, there’s always a chance someone will take this idea here since it won’t require Blizz to do much of anything at all.