I got nothing for having my wife come back after 4 years

The rewards are time-based and rely on your wife adding game time to her account. You can find out more information here:

This is also assuming that you sent her a Recruit a Friend request to link your accounts together.

8 Likes

Accounts have been linked since 2008. I didn’t get anything then either come to think of it. I think I’m due.

If you didn’t send her a recent Recruit a Friend request, then your accounts are not currently linked and you won’t get any benefits from it.

As for back in 2008, there’s really nothing that can be done if the accounts were not properly linked way back then.

But you should be able to recruit her now with the new RaF system.

8 Likes

Can you please link the new recruit a friend? the link above goes to a help page which don’t show me where to go. ty!

It you use the drop-down on that page I linked, it explains the steps. Here’s a copy and paste from there:

Follow these steps to recruit your friends:

1. Log in to World of Warcraft.
  2. Open the Friends List (default hotkey O) and click the Recruit A Friend tab.
  3. Click Recruitment.
  4. Copy your unique Recruit A Friend recruitment link and share it with your friends.
  • Note: Your unique Recruit A Friend recruitment link can be used to create or connect up to four accounts with yours, after which you will need to generate a new recruitment link. A new recruitment link can be generated once every 30 days.

Once your friend has followed the recruitment link and activated their account, your accounts will be connected. You can then play World of Warcraft together and claim great in-game rewards!

8 Likes

Nope she gets a message that her account is ineligible. can you please explain this? You literally told me that the new system would allow us to link our accounts so we can get the recruitment rewards. So then why is Bliz not allowing it??

The account have to be inactive to a number of years, I believe it’s two years or two expacks. If she ever added time onto her account, even once, then she won’t be able to do such.

it was inactive for 4 years

As you said here:

So it’s not inactive, thus her account does not qualify for RaF.

1 Like

Was game time added before you attempted to link it? You mentioned she recently resubscribed again.

As soon as game time was added, the account is no longer considered in-active.

1 Like

Pearl doesn’t work for Blizzard, she’s a player like you and I. Along with that, the new system has requirement, one of which the account mustn’t had time added to it in the time frame, even for something else.

3 Likes

Perl probably missed where you said she re-subbed for Wrath Classic.

Perl is not a Blizzard employee, just another player who enjoys helping people.

The Customer Support Forum is for player discussion, and there is never a guarantee of a response from a Blizzard employee in here. Any issues that need a response are handled through the ticket system.

2 Likes

The purpose of this forum is for players to be able to help other players, Valhelsing.

If you wish to contact customer support - you do so through a ticket.

While we can sometimes look into things here - I am a SFA - Support Forum Agent, not a GM. There are no GMs on the forum.

You’ll note my text is blue. That means I work for Blizzard. Green and Yellow text are MVPs and/or Community Council members - players just like yourself, but with a wealth of knowledge they share freely.

I don’t see a ticket on this - nor have you provided any information to the account in question.

Please be a little kinder to your fellow players that freely give of their own time to try to help and give advice.

11 Likes

Thanks, I’ll open a ticket. Thank you for your help, I’ll open that ticket now.

1 Like

Now that I know what account is being discussed - this account has been active starting in September 2022. Another month October 2022 and another month November 2022. That would disqualify it from this particular promotion.

6 Likes

They changed it to where RaF only needed to have no game time at all for 1 year.

2 Likes

Ok, but if may state one more opinion before the thread is locked. I literally recruited her to come back, whether I clicked a button at the right time or not. Bliz could make an allowance if they wanted to. They don’t, so that’s the end of it.

Because the recruit a friend program has specific criteria to be eligible. It has always had steps that were needed to be completed to receive the rewards. They can’t just take peoples words that they recruited someone. That is why they have specific links to do so. If the links weren’t followed when they came back there really isn’t anything that can be done. Just like if I recruit someone at my job and they are hired, if we didn’t follow the specific steps to get me the recruiting bonus, I wouldn’t get it no matter if I was the reason they applied or not.

1 Like

No, actually, the system is hard-coded. It’s not something where a GM just waves a wand and links the accounts. Had you mentioned that you brought her back months ago, I’d have pointed out the part of the program that requires the invite to be sent within 7 days of adding game time. Unfortunately, that was months ago, so your wife’s account is not eligible now.

6 Likes

The thread won’t be locked, so long as the discussion stays relevant to the topic. You can ask anything you need.

With the very first iteration of Recruit A Friend, it may have been possible. But the newer system was designed to make it more hands off for GM’s. They set criteria that is very objective, and if an account doesn’t qualify, a GM can’t make them qualify.

Also, as Orylia said, it’s been three months. Maybe if the account just returned, an exception could be made, but three months is simply too long.

6 Likes