I get maintaining the classic feel, but give Prot Paladins a Taunt

Keep talking and posting on a sub-60 Paladin I guess, claiming that you know some, “secret” that goes against years of testing to try and make it viable.

Let me know when the top guilds actually run a Protadin.

3 Likes

Any boss that’s really worth tanking is immune to taunt anyway.

3 Likes

Years and years…yep, of course.

I’ll tell you one thing I know that you don’t seem to know…forums don’t update in real-time but keep slinging the insults while you complain about the lack of tanks.

1 Like

You have a taunt?

Log off and then log back on and select your character.

Also, where did I complain about the lack of tanks… anywhere?

1 Like

I’ll make you a deal. Paladins get a taunt if i get a 30 minute battle shout. Even then you still won’t tank as good as i can. Does that work for you?

Do you have a taunt?

What does this have to do with anything? Lack of a taunt is a small issue when it comes to raid tanking as a Paladin. Mana, threat, and crushing blows are a bigger problem.

3 Likes

Only if you give storm strike to shamans as a default melee ability

Someone who understands that shield block puts crushing blows off the table? You, i like you.

I played a Warrior in vanilla. It was good, I just refuse to subject myself to that the second time around. I went Hunter… and got really bored.

Druids are good raid tanks, but Warriors are the best for the majority of fights - especially where physical attacks are the main concern.

Just seems weird to me how only one tank can tank in end game, but then again this is the beginning before someone at blizzard said “wait a minute this is stupid”

I guess we are just subject to stupidity because someone decided classes being unique is the same thing as classes being exclusive… totally two different things, one causing toxicity in the game.

1 Like

What do you mean, “one tank”? Druids are great tanks.

1 Like

So we agree. Thanks for trying to talk down to me before ultimately agreeing with me. :slight_smile:

I remember even into BC before hitting the defense cap where those wipes happened due to shield block being down and the random chain of crushing blows happened. Though i guess the OP is right. A taunt for Pallys will fix everything

Pretty sure I said lack of taunt isn’t a real issue because the actual issues in raids are much, much worse.

That’s a good point. We should probably petition Blizzard to allow raid compositions to bring more than one tank to a raid.

What does that have to do with the thread?

Is this thread about taunt for prot paladins?

Is that what “top” players do? Just bring up useless points in random conversations?

Yeah in dungeons but they are destined for off tank end game if anyone could ever be satisfied with that role

The OP is asking for a taunt as if that’ll solve any problems for a Paladin.

Not really. Feral Druids can tank pretty much anything a Warrior can, though obviously not as well - but better for some.