I found out the story behind the battle pet Jenafur, and it is heartbreaking

I didn’t really care for the bpet Jenafur but once I learned of the story behind it, it truly made me want it more and to appreciate it even more. I think it is so awesome and truly amazing blizzard has done this and has done this a few times in the past with other people who had cancer and from the make a wish foundation. this actually makes me appreciate the company a little bit.

I can’t post links but this is straight from the gofund me post from the owner/creator of Jenafur

Jenafur Fund for Fibro Liver Cancer Research
My name is Amara, and l was diagnosed with Fibrolamellar Hepatocellular Carcinoma Liver Cancer. Fibrolamellar is an extermly rare cancer with no cure that primarily affects teens and young adults. Last year with the Make A Wish Foundation, I was given the opportunity to visit Blizzard Entertainment in Irvine, California, for the full World of Warcraft experience. I created the Jenafur Secret and fulfilled my dream of composing my own song for a video game. This past year has been a blast watching and interacting with the WoW community. But I’ve had my fun, and I know we all want Jenafur solved. Let’s come together and raise money for Fibrolemaller Research at The Rockefeller University, New York City. Once we raise $5,000, I will release the next hint to solve Jenafur on the WoW Secret Finding Discord server

If Jenafur remains unsolved, I will release the next hint once we reach $10,000.

Let’s come together to make a difference and support future research for this rare and deadly cancer. This money will go to Simon Labs at The Rockefeller University to support the development of the first blood test for Fibrolamellar. This critically needed test will help detect Fibrolamellar early through Professor Sanford M. Simon, Ph.D. research, and your contribution. The test will also be used to determine if experimental treatments are working and to monitor patients for recurrences of the disease.

6 Likes

Aww now I see why the song “Amara’s Wish” was the key.

:sob::blue_heart:

2 Likes