I dunno why people think Sylvanas's soul was split

Back in the day, we interacted with the soul and it “moved on”

2 Likes

Depending on interpretation, Uther is divided 3 or 4 ways.

The Bastion Forsworn Uther, the Frostmourne Uther, the Shrine Uther during TBC and the soul shard in the Maw.

Shrine Uther can’t be Forsworn or Frostmourne Uther, nor can Forsworn or Frostmourne be the same.

If he’s divided three ways, Maw Uther can be what happened after we freed Frostmourne Uther.

1 Like

Didn’t they say the Uther we saw in his tomb was/is an echo of him that exists in that place, rather than his true soul?

Unknown. There are still echoes of Frostmourne’s victims in the shards that the Death Knights reforged in Frosts story for their Legendary Weapon in Legion. Part of Uther may be permanently bound to the Mourneblade or…

…You could be right and the actual soul that was cleaved off is the shard and what we interacted with in Icecrown Citadel is just an echo, or shade of Uther rather than a soul fragment itself.

The Shard is the half of his soul that was taken by Frostmourne. It went to the Maw, for whatever reason, when Frostmourne shattered.

It’s called a retcon. No idea where the idea from the light comes from. However it’s evident the jailer gave her a part of her soul back in the last cinematic.

It’s a D&D Shadowlands copy, what’s there to ask really?

No it isn’t because the souls were released at the end of Wrath.

At the end of Wrath we interact with the freed souls of Terenas and Uther.

The short story has Sylvanas’s soul fragment in Zovaal’s hand immediately after Arthas invaded Quelthalas

Shard Uther = taken to Torghast upon striking
Frostmourne Uther = released end of Wrath
Gold Uther = Kyrian Uther

Legion Uther = Light Uther = has to be Frostmourne Uther
Burning Crusade Uther = a failure on Blizzard + could be Kyrian Uther logistically

1 Like

Put another way, we’ve interacted with five Uthers

1. TBC Uther, Burnther
  2. Wrath Era freed Uther, Wrather
  3. Legion Light Uther, Tombther
  4. Kyrian Uther, Bluther
  5. Shard Torghast Uther, Mawther

In the cinematic we saw

1. Gold Uther
  2. Blue Frostmourne Uther

Gold Uther = Kyrian Uther, and COULD BE TBC Uther
Frostmourne Uther = released end of Wrath from Frostmourne, COULD BE the Light Tomb Uther

Shard Uther is separate as per Sylvanas Veressa Short Story

So to recap:

• Goldther = Bluther = possibly Burnther
  • Frosther = Wrather = possibly Tombther
  • Mawther
3 Likes

How could Bluther be Burnther? I figured Bluther hasn’t left the Kyrian’s sight.

I’m not sure what you guys are discussing atm but I found your post highly entertaining and informative.

1 Like

Kyrians, once ascended, can take on various jobs. It’s not like a permanent sorting hat, Watchers are said to often retire after a while.

Maybe he chose to be a Watcher during TBC.

I feel like banshees would have to have a soul (even if it’s fractured) since they’re basically a fancy type of ghost. They’re a soul without a body until they possess something.

1 Like

Correct. People saying Sylvanas lost her whole soul when killed by frostmourne are wrong. Arthas killed Sylvanas by stabbing her with frostmourne (which splintered off a portion of her soul…the piece Zovaal gave back), her soul floated up from her body and he twisted the other part of her soul INTO a banshee. A banshee is a non-corporeal undead (aka an undead without a body). She then possessed her own corpse and became a dark ranger. She was never sucked whole-sale into Frostmourne, just killed with it.

7 Likes

I agree. If we were to compartmentalize her soul I would say that Zovaal tucked away mostly her moral compass, decency, mortality, and or positive emotions. What are your thoughts?

She seemed to have Love for her Sisters every time they interact so her missing part probably was just the morality, moral compass, decency and competence. A low functioning Narcissist to say the least.

She already had the need to take everyone’s breath away with her appearance and had mirrors around her chambers on a regular basis even as an Undead so once the Empathy was taken of course she’d become a Low-Functioning Narcissist with no Sociopathy(Sociopaths are incapable of remorse unlike Narcissists who feel remorse and immediately come up with an excuse to make themselves feel better)!

She saw the Forsaken as extensions of herself only to find that they were too different from herself and thus deemed them to have too strong an attachment to Life to be an extension of herself.

The above Splitting is a well known symptom of Narcissism just as it is a symptom of BPD(incidentally sufferers who aren’t self-aware also commonly suffer from Narcissism).

She thought she was a genius who was hampered by her ascendance to Warchief little realizing that she was incompetent and that the Jailer needed her to become Warchief in order for her to do her job.

As the Jailer said: Every Soul has it’s Purpose and Sylvanas’s purpose was to get the Maw opened and to do that she needed as much political power as possible.

That if we’ve only ever known Sylvanas sans Moral Compass, then Sylvanas with Moral Compass is a stranger. Since moral compass generally influences character action, the only thing New Sylvanas has with Classic Sylvanas is appearances, and I think we’re really going to find out who was only interested in her for her sex appeal.

inb4 she loses her moral compass again so that she goes back to Classic Sylvanas. It worked for Coke.

Speak for yourself. I’ve been pro Ranger General, pro Ranger General happy ending, pro soul manpulation, pro clean death, etc etc since the old old forums.

These forums only go back so far(2018-19ish) but this we me back in 2019:

I’ve been a fan of Ranger General Sylvanas turned Banshee Queen Sylvanas since the RTS; and have wanted a clean death for her since. If you know anything about me(not that you should) then you would know that I’ve been at the very least consistent with my fandom.

Edit: Oh Jeez I was laying it on thick here lol:

I wanted to make a video but than I said screw it lol. Just know the fist pumps were activated.

And Kerrigan!

Correct, it doesn’t make sense and is inconsistent with lore from literally this expansion.

Welcome to Shadowlands.

This, and the rest of your comment, are proof that Blizzard is now making up and retconned the lore on whim as they go.

In that Afterlives cinematic we saw Uther’s soul was split twice when Arthas stabbed him; not three times, only twice. One half (that the Light saved) ascended to Bastion, the other half went into Frostmourne.

This whole soul-splitting retcon is an egregious rewrite like saying that Elune was the leader of the Burning Legion all along, or that N’Zoth is now the hero of the story.

1 Like

btw when we broke Frostmorne didn’t we freed all the souls trapped there?

1 Like