I don't want to need mods

I’m sorry, the Vindi- what? That is not part of the story. Disregard that.

Me spacegoat say “Maaaah.”

1 Like

/stomps hooves

Is this… blue goat? You of lesser faith. You will never pilot a ship!

1 Like

Haha, those are my two Draeni. I had a blast with my LF but I can’t play alts anymore this runthrough, mostly because with no life I did all of my leveling. I have 14 or so 120s but three were purchased boosted druids because I can only take so much.

1 Like

You boosted three druids? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

After fully leveling my HM Tauren, yes. WoW turned me into a bloody teddy bear collector. The original troll druid is gorgeous.

1 Like

Well, the more bears the better. Maybe a bear would be a better pilot than a goat.

1 Like

I also fully leveled my KT bear, then I bought a boosted hunter having leveled a Horde HM Tauren hunter already. So I could get the heritage armor with the bear tank with [Brush It Off].

1 Like

This is honestly why I’ll always love having addons. Yes, it does mean Blizzard have to balance encounters around them, to some degree - but it adds a level of accessibility a lot of other games are simply lacking.

Some might sneer at players who use boss mods, but I find they can be a lifesaver - my reaction time isn’t exactly the best, and my eyesight’s a bit crap, having that extra little warning to make up for that helps a ton. Especially in those encounters where it seems as if Blizzard designed them especially to bully the colourblind, or vision-impaired.

So it’s okay not to want to use mods, but having them at all just lets so many more people play the game to a much higher level than they could have otherwise, and that’s lovely.

2 Likes

I usually can’t see my mouse to click Release for up to 30 seconds there’s so much going on onscreen when I die in a raid.

I see DBM as the Sega GameShark of WoW. It seems like it’s cheating to go outside of the cues given to you; bosses always say something, or often, before casting certain spells; it’d be nice to progress but I’m in a guild with very few folks, happy there, and have to PUG so progression is a joke. Communities may help ultimately but they’re not populating quite yet. I have a Shadowmourne community waiting.

Good news! Blizz is good about implementing addons which are successful.

Group finder for rares and dungeons etc? It was an addon during MoP. (Note: I’m specifically meaning for pugs. Not the lfg raid/dungeons.)

Saving a tmog? Addon.

Quest helper? You got it, addon.

There are more, I’m sure of it … but those three are off the top of my head.

Outside of that, we’re lucky Blizz allows us to even use addons in the first place. Most other mmo’s don’t let you use anything.

You can play just fine without them. A lot of people do.

2 Likes

It’s true, I use the example of Camel Hoarder, though, or the new void stones around uldum to become a rare mob, the Frightened Kodo, and all of those paste coordinates to come up with a way of flying the entirety of Uldum over and over. It’s obnoxious.

You give me hope, though. I know BfA was about moving to DirectX 12 and you really, REALLY don’t wanna be haggling with your UI during that move.

Even vanilla had mods.

U didnt read my last comment

Mods are used to make the game easier.

Just because you are technologically inept doesn’t mean I want to give up my custom UI. Default wow UI is trash tier and will never look as good as a well setup elvui.

1 Like

Then I wish they were in the default UI so that I won’t need to install an addon. Thankfully, for how I play currently, tomtom seems good enough just to have map coordinates, so it’s the only addon I currently have, though I wouldn’t mind more features be added in the default UI.

This does not mean that addons can’t be used for players to personalize their gaming experience, but I think the more features that WoW can offer without addons, the better it would be.

OmniCC is in the default UI. OmniCC provides counters on your action bar. The default UI has that as an option, but it’s less effective.

DBM is also (kind of) in the game. Raid warnings pop up with certain mechanics. The difference is DBM gives you a proper heads up, and provides raid tools like a count down.

Omnibar, Coordinates, a damage meter, and Gladius, on the other hand, have no real implementation in the game. And they never would, to be honest. Gladius is a DR tracker, which for Blizzard to implement, is highly unlikely. Omnibar tracks enemy CD’s, another thing Blizzard will never implement. A damage meter can probably be implemented.

Yep, that’s why I said I just need the map coordinates. I can’t find it in default UI if it’s there.

That may be the case, though I feel that if they the allow the addons to be used, they should start seeing which kinds are popularly used (and perhaps in demand/required for a player to use by other players) and start to make some of that functionality more accessible to players without addons.

I’m sure they’ve done that in the past, and I think visible map coordinates should be one of those features added, hopefully sooner rather than later. :stuck_out_tongue: