I don't use a cell phone so no Battle.net Authenticator

I got rid of my cell 5 years ago when i retired. Found that my land line was fine so dumped cell. Now i tried to get a group to do a dungeon but CAN’T because i don’t have the Authenticator. Anybody have any idea’s how to get around this.

4 Likes

Can we use those prepaid $30 smartphones from wallmart? You can get one, and never use it for anything other then loading the app.

8 Likes

There is no way other thab getting a cell phone.

3 Likes

Unless something has changed prepaids don’t work.

4 Likes

Dump the landline.

It’s easier to have only a cellphone and no landline than the other way around. You can get cheap VOIP landlines that work just fine (many let you keep your current number), but none of the “fake” cellphone workarounds are very good.

Banks, and other businesses are now focused on using cellphones as an authentication means. They’re also a more secure payment method than physical debit and credit cards, they store tickets, boarding passes, and many forms of ID.

If you have to choose one or the other, the mobile is a far better value than the landline.

16 Likes

I find it funny people carry devices everywhere they go that track their locations and put all their info in them like credit cards… some of us rather not have cell phones. Doesn’t make you old. Some of us don’t need them, don’t want them, and why throw money on something you don’t need/want

31 Likes

Neither of those work.

You do to play wow.

13 Likes

Outside of the US they might. In Canada mobiles and landlines use the same numbers. Even with prepaids.

1 Like

That’s a stupid reason. I wont get a phone and worry about paying a monthly bill so I can play a game. I’ll go play other games. Same reason I don’t play Overwatch

16 Likes

You’ll choose to pay monthly for a landline that’s incapable of doing pretty much anything?

7 Likes

Okay bye

12 Likes

“What…you guys don’t have phones?”

A dollar says this is a revenge move to offset that humiliating stage experience.

10 Likes

It’s dirt cheap, I am always home anyway, and it’s mostly for emergency reasons. I don’t have to charge it. I don’t have to worry about it tracking my location. It does everything I need a phone for → to make calls. Nothing more needed

14 Likes

I thought you only needed authenticator to edit / add comments to group finder.

3 Likes

What kind of groups require a Bnet authenticator? I only ask because I have been in several dozen groups very recently and I don’t have a Bnet authenticator. Maybe I missed something somewhere . . .

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

It doesn’t let you set up a dungeon run.

6 Likes

I prefer the land landline for my internet use also. I use my landline for streaming to my smart TV. Seems like a waste to buy a new phone than add a plan on top of my WoW charge.

2 Likes

I really don’t get all the resistance to having a cell phone… I haven’t had a landline in 15+ years.

12 Likes

Try creating a group in the dungeon finder. No authenticator no way to create a group and look for people.