I dont know where to put this but I randomly get this error when I play wow

[Insert ADDON name HERE] has been blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI
You can disable this addon and reload the UI.

Randomly I get this warning when ever I perform an action. It’s not just 1 single addon, sometimes its different.

I fresh installed WOW on a different harddrive with FRESH WTF folder etc.

My addons are

DBM
Weakaura
PRAT
DETAILS

and IM using DEFAULT UI

BUT I DONT GET THIS when Im using ELVUI.

Why is that? I hate how ELVUI looks so thats the reason why IM not using it. BUT I keep getting this dang message When IM USING DEFAULT UI.

With the recent patch being released, addon authors are still updating their addons.

Ask the addon author?

The UI and Macro forum might be a good place to post this too.

4 Likes

again idk if you read what i said,

Okay, then ask the addon authors.

3 Likes

Did you recently update your addons? If not I would do that

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t own or upkeep add-ons. Any add-ons you use will be up to the maker of said add-on(s) to be stable for any updates to the game. Blizzard won’t help with add-ons breaking due to updates, patches or them breaking said add-on(s).

2 Likes

Recently I’m getting the pop-up alert that an add-on is causing a problem and I can click (Disable) or (Ignore). Sometimes the (Ignore) button works, but usually it doesn’t and I have to click (Disable) and then the game refreshes. This can happen even when I just updated the add-ons through Curseforge. So updating the add-ons might not be enough. You might have to do the full UI reset. I’m sure one of the troopers here will post a link with the instructions how to do that. I’m gonna do the full UI reset tonight just to clear up any possible issues and hopefully be able to do my dungeoning cleanly.

Ignore it and try to do the thing you were trying to do again when you’re out of combat.

Being in combat locks down a bunch of things and can cause weird interactions with addons.

I have been seeing that error for the entirety of Dragonflight. Mostly happens when I go to right-click an item to /use it.

I just type /reload and go on my merry way. It happens randomly and with any addon I have. Yes, my addons are kept as up-to-date as their authors make them.

I just accept that it will happen as I do wish to continue using my addons.

An addon being named doesn’t necessarily mean that addon is the one causing the problem. It’s just the last in the chain of effect before something happens to make the game scream.

You possibly have a WA that causes the taint to start that runs until some code in the default UI triggers in-combat.

I don’t know the best way of checking those (unloading all and reloading one at a time and testing each WA in-combat maybe?)

when you disable your addons and you still experience this issue but with no notifiacation