I dont get the outcry about no more customization

And that’s fine. But don’t tell people you’re going to continue adding customizations throughout Shadowlands then. It’s pretty simple.

I think the reason people want so much customization is because most of these players are coming from games that are free to play and the only way you can distinguish yourself is with your paid skins (or pvp games where this is the case as well). I’d much rather have an incredibly fun game than a game with a billion different ways to customize my character. Visual customization to me is only a given, a natural thing and cherry on top, but not the entire desert by far.

This reminded me of one of the things I hate about FF14. Thanks for that.

I honestly think the whole think speaks as to a lack of passion from the Dev team as a whole. Then again I went off to FF14 for awhile where their dev teams were known to put in unpaid overtime to get things out to people without the Director/Producer even being aware. For all the crap SE got (and I can understand why) for the implementation of their two latest races they weren’t supposed to launch with so many headgear options. But because it was something players felt was important the art team went on their own free time and fitted what… 500 to 600 new items to Viera and Hrothgar.

Well, if Square is lucky all the angry WoW players will move over to FF14 so they can spend days customizing their characters…otherwise all that unpaid labor would have been wasted

Thats a pretty good point. Its supposed to be an RPGmmo. with a capitol ROLE, lol.

What is going on with the customization, exactly?
I keep seeing these threads i thought i had it figured out, now Im not so sure.
Are they just not adding anymore or are they reverting the changes theyve made so far?

I understand people are outraged.

Still don’t understand why.

You’re just… wrong.

1 Like

Youd be surprised. my wife can sit there for an hour customizing a new Skyrim character. She took a long while when she hopped on my ESO account a few days ago and created a new character, lol.

It’s obvious you like oversized shoulders, but most don’t. Also, you still can see necklace and some others.

They are not adding more in Shadowlands, which is a shame because the way they worded it, most people expected that by 9.2 they would give customizations another pass, some races like Male Blood Elves got very little, while others like Humans still have scars tied to faces and faces tied to skin colors. Then there is the Allied Races situations that don’t have much to begin with, especially HM Tauren, Nightborne and LF Draenei.

1 Like

Just the opposite here. Always tweaking what each character is wearing…finding some new mog to farm to swap to that fits the character better.

2 Likes

This so much. They should have said they were going to stop back then. I appreciate them telling the truth know. But I feel like was hyped and lied to. And saving the news for a QA session like blizzcon feels like a kick in the gut. The customization was so good. And them deciding it’s not worth doing now when allied races customization is so lacking in comparison to stuff like the Tauren stuff. The fact they are still kicking out mounts and transmog sets and stuff is nice but saying their isn’t a good reason to add it now is bad, because people literally play this game to grind for cosmetics! Player customization is just another layer to that, and it feels like they are catering to a certain playerbase in these patches.

I trully wish we could mod this game for the many talented artists to shape our own appearances. As it is disheartening not to get that from the devs.

Didn’t think this was difficult. Blizzard says they’ll continue customizations in Shadowlands. People who play races that have almost no customizations are excited. Blizzard says nope not doing it now. People are upset.

1 Like

I see.
I never will understand this company in its current condition. As a business owner I love customer input so I can figure out new ways to keep them buying.
guess Bliz is using the Corporate Stagnation Model I didnt bother to read. lol.

The community needs to decide, which is more important Customizations or Playable Content? One comes at the expense of the other.

Most of my toons are zandalari and nightborne… I really fealt my heart sink when they said no. And with the way the patche length is going it might be years till we see something new.

1 Like

That offical statement really hurts Nightborne players. I don’t know anything about HM Tauren or LFD, but Nightborne seriously need more customization.

1 Like

You could say that, Blizzard knows how loyal their costumers are, I mean, we complain, complain, complain about the game, but we keep paying for it unless the game has absolutely nothing to do, like in WoD, that’s why they keep adding more and more time-gating and repeatable content.

In other words, they do everything in their power to do much less to gain a lot more, moreso than the average company simply because they know they can.

microsoft flight simulator has way more varieties of airplanes you can fly