I don’t understand Discipline Priests

For the first time in about a decade, holy has escaped the cage Disc had it in.

1 Like

Disc was so good I literally was dual specced as… Disc. Both for PvE. Lol.

1 Like

Disc needs to be the highest DPS healer for their playstyle to be worthwhile. Right now it does less DPS than Holy.

3 Likes

Buffs pls.

I’d like to see a return of shield disc. That was fun to play and less panic inducing.

2 Likes

My pocket healer hates it though. Disc is high skill-cap, Holy is brain-dead - that’s what I hear at least. The high skill-cap spec should preferably perform better when played well. Let folks who don’t want to deal with ramping play Holy. Otherwise you end up in this situation where the high skill-cap spec has no pay-off, its pure downside, and there’s no reason to play it. Big risk no reward.

Priest friend says that Priest discord has analyzed the DF talent trees and Disc is going to be the go-to spec again at least, so that’s probably good.

2 Likes

this is completely wrong disc def needs a damage buff but disc has the benefit of it dose healing through damage so it makes sense that holy will do more damage if they tunnel dps spells.

There were 5 different people telling you you were wrong, but sure, they must be the ones that are deluded.

1 Like

-nevermind on my advice it’s outdated <3 -

But please, any time you EVER play a healer in this game, no matter what class or spec PLEASE remember… sometimes people are just bad and you can’t save them from themselves.

1 Like

They gutted our shields from legion. Even took some skills away.

1 Like

Oh dang I forgot about the shield nerfs at the end of Legion. Wow, I completely blocked out playing the whole of BFA as shadow on all my priests so maybe don’t take my advice LOL

1 Like

I’m not even a game designer but i could design disc to be 10x more fun just by thinking “hmm what would be FUN for me to play”

Let’s see. In my version disc and holy at baseline would be similar. Have access to most of the same spells. But bubbles would be far weaker cast by holy. And direct heals by disc would be weaker without cooldowns or unless they have a certain stacking buff (see below)

But id have it so that when bubbles burst on players whether from damage or simply expiration, they get a HoT similar to renew which helps significantly with helping a disc priest catch up after burst periods.

Then I’d increase disc direct healing spells by X amount where X is a stacking buff up to 5 times. Each time a bubble is burst or expires on a player who is not the caster it causes the caster to gain a buff which increases their direct healing power by X.

This is similiar to flash concentration build for holy priests currently.

It would highly incentivize disc priests to keep the bubble making factory going but give them the throughput from the buffs to top people up after taking damage that bursts their bubble. Because no bubbles up = way less throughput.

Then id make it so that direct damage spells caused any active bubbles to have their duration extended by .25 or .5 seconds or whatever a good reasonable number is.

Now youre incentivized to cast bubbles, so you van have throughout, but youre limited on spamming throughput by the need to refresh bubbles every so often. But youre further incentivized to dps during low damage output times by damage keeping your bubbles going longer.

Now you have a fun play style with 3 facets that all incentivize each other to be useful and productive, you get to actually feel productive and powerful and have fun, unlike the current disc setup of “spam a few bubbles then do as much damage as you can and hope it moves their health bars even a little bit”

Then of course some major cooldowns wouod be sonething like 2 or 3 min cooldown but instantly protect your party with bubbles that are 25% stronger and last 25% longer.

Or another idea how about a cooldown that consumes all stacks active (from burst bubbles on players stacking on the caster) to do a single heavy hitting heal on a 30 or 60 sec cooldown.

Such a sad state of design and imagination. You can tell this game is designed by old men 35 or 40+ because its designed boring and predictable just like old men are. No imagination and innovation like a young mind would put into it. So many ways to make classes fun that i just can’t begin to understand why most classes right now are either so boring or so unfun to play.

It is designed like a board room meeting itinerary. Not like an actual fun game.

1 Like

You need more faith and Discipline…

1 Like

Its not faith in disc, It’s lack of faith in blizzard that they want gut it like they have for the past 4 years.

Lawyers (looking @u ION) and publishers making wow now.

Just go to your nearest discotheque and you’ll be able to ask wtf a disco priest is about.

What a weird definition of what “old men” are.

1 Like

Actually it was easier to go through BfA as Discipline than it was Shadow.

1 Like

That is my feeling as well. I had been planning to try out evoker but that Disc tree woah boy that thing looks AMAZING.

If you don’t like the spec, play something different.

Sounds like Holy is going right back in Disc’s basement after 1 patch of viability in over 10 years.