I cant get rid of my pet to get a new one

I chose a hunter i cannot abandon the dog. it has no options to do anything,i want a different pet. i am beast mastery and i have 2 pets but i dont want the dog, i can stable it and pull out the other 2 but the dog keeps being one of the other pets.

1 Like

You’re saying that when you right click on the dog’s portrait in the upper left corner of the screen (right below your portrait), there’s no drop down menu? Or that Abandon is not one of the menu options?

For either of those, I’d start by trying doing a Full UI reset to see if that fixes anything.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

If that doesn’t work, disable all addons.

Im having same issue. Did this work?

If you do a full reset do you keep everything else the same?

Beast Master hunter can talent at level 15 into Animal Companion which uses two pets.

The first pet is whatever you selected via the Call Pet X spell.

The second pet will be whatever pet is in the first slot of the first page of your stable window.

1 Like

A Full UI Reset backs up addons to directories with different name - typically with -old on the end of the folder name or any other suffix you want. The game won’t see them.

You then delete the indicated folders and try running the game without addons to see if the problem occurs then.

If it doesn’t re-occur, you can just rename your backup folder to their original names. Otherwise, you know it’s an addon issue.

Nothing else in the game needs to be touched.

Note that just typing /reloadui can reload bad addon data .
Just disabling addons from the menu can miss bad data they may have left behind.

dude thank you so much

Thank you, seriously dude, you are a warlord among orcs. I am a returning player and was so stuck on that.