I cannot wait for undead paladins!

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your perspective that’s not how the light works with undead.

It’ll hurt like hell but it’ll actually heal their body not hurt it.

Uh huh…

I just have this image of these undead paladins turning into statues like Vegeta in DBZ.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

Resurrected Paladin? What could possibly be wrong with that? No seriously, what could possibly be wrong with that.

It seems after all these years I still cannot spell resurrected, I always want to give it two s-s and one r. 0.o

I can’t wait to play an undead rogue.

Honestly, I’ve always hated that kludge explanation of why Undead can be healed by the Light. It means that the “cure” for Undeath would simply be a lot of healing and they’d return to full life.

Yep. That’s how the lore works.

Though it might not be permanent cure and it’d hurt and require an incredibly long term exposure. And at best you might end up looking like Calia.

I really want this, I just started getting back into shaman and saw a reddit suggest resto while leveling. Lightning for everyone! I was completely unaware they buffed chain lightning so it’s been a blast for me running around zapping everything in sight.

1 Like

Undead shaman be like frakenstien

That’s why Calia is such a stain on the lore. Functionally speaking she was fully resurrected (which is something the light is capable of), which isn’t undeath. She doesn’t have any of the usual problems undead do like rotting, she just glows for…reasons.

She’s just pretending like she’s a real undead. What a joke.

1 Like

It never made sense from the start that they could be priests but not paladins

Yes it does. Orcs, for example, have always had shadow priests.

What does a void order of priests have anything to do with paladins?

“Healer lfg.”

I mean belves can already technically be undead pallies with the dark fallen customization option, and there’s no explanation that either. So yeah, I expect them to hand wave it. With LFD getting warlocks, nothing is off the table.

1 Like

Exactly! I’m an undead quel’dorei paladin. You just have to have faith… faith of the heart.

1 Like

No no no…the Judgement set :dracthyr_heart:

Imgur

1 Like

Oh I remember those in bc. I don’t remember them implicitly being priests though? If I’m not mistaken, warlocks use shadow in addition to fel, so they could have been locks? Meanwhile priests use the light to both heal and damage. So if undead can wield the light, they should be able to infuse not just staves, but swords as well

Forsaken Paladin: By all that is rightious I smite thee! also death to the living.

1 Like

Pretty sure vanilla had orc mages and priests. Including holy spells.

1 Like

In any case, we have tauren rogues now, so we should have undead paladins.

I’d be pretty hyped on undead paladins. If we can have lightforged warlocks I don’t see why not.