I can fly in Zereth Mortis/Shadowlands but NOT BFA zones?

Shadow of Eredath is the storyline and it’s the southwest corner of Eredath. It’s even called the Ruins of Oronaar.

“Learn ur lore”

I’m hoping they’re not going to say “we didn’t unlock Legion’s until SL, so you have to wait until 11.0”

Literally NOWHERE in Seat of the Triumvirate or Eredath are there Velfs.

They didn’t exist until the incident at Telogrus Rift.

Only Alleria was turned— and not in the same way— and is NOT the backstory of Velfs.

Yes you should.

1 Like

For real? Okay, if you’re ignoring the origin of Void elves as part of Void Elf lore, no point in continuing the conversation.

I literally just told you the origin of the Velfs.

Want me to quote it? Okay then.

Absolutely NONE of that.took place on Argus.

Again…

1 Like

It would be released in 10 though. Legion didn’t go 2 expansions out until legacy content. BFA is on track to have pathfinder restrictions removed like every other expansion before it at this point.

Just report that the legacy tag isn’t carrying over yet for BFA on the beta and hope they lift it on release like they should. Or at least in the first few patches.

1 Like

Legion Pathfinder wasn’t removed until SL, though. Thus, my concern for them wanting to claim “wait till 11.0.”

Er, well, no, I didn’t … I already have a copied character so I just checked if achievement text still mentions flying (instead of just increased mount speed) and trusted it.

1 Like

The BFA pathfinder grind killed all my enjoyment of the game at the time. They def should unlock it in Dragonflight for new players.

4 Likes

Ah, okies. I’ll try to make a new character on a different beta server to see what happens.

1 Like

Yes, which makes sense because it wasn’t legacy until SLs dropped. Blizzard labels legacy content with an every other expansion mindset.

2 Likes

I played through the zone twice, but it has been a hot minute. I am even currently at the Ruins of Oronaar. The architecture is very draenei/eredar/broken with broken mobs around.

Now, I can’t remember the quest so I can pick one of my other 47 alts to do it on and see what Alleria says. I long for some velf lore/cities since Blizz refuses to give us helves in name. But this place doesn’t look velf-y/thalassian. Maybe she came here to study before they all went mad with the void, but that doesn’t make it a velf city.

The main problem is the not stellar storytelling and the shoehorning in of velves IMO. Again maybe I’ll replay this zone on another hunter so I can get some of the cool pets from there.

1 Like

Yeah. Not sure why once a new expansion launches that flying isn’t auto unlocked then in the previous expansions.

I have unlocked every pathfinder when it was current but definitely feel like once a new expansion comes out that it should auto unlock previous expansions then for people. Especially with the new leveling system.

2 Likes

They’ll unlock it like they did WoD and Legion, eventually.

I don’t think there are enough pro-pathfinder people to make more than a petty whine about unlocking BfA.

1 Like

Fly to the old dungeon so I can go mog hunting could be one example.

1 Like

I’ve done all of the requirements since this idiotic idea came out and 100% agree that previous expansions should unlock as long as you have the most current expansion purchased.

2 Likes

OOOOOOOOOOOOH BOY, prepare yourself!

1 Like

I think you are right and the irony is that because flying is so hard in BFA, once SL is part of Chromie time people will skip BFA and go to SL because you can easily use Threads of Fate to finish the climb to 60.

1 Like

Warning: don’t make a level 60 template character - it will give you the pathfinder achievements and spoil the test.

1 Like

Huh. Well, then I’m at a loss. Because Evokers don’t have anything unlocked anywhere.

1 Like

when DF comes out, BFA flying should be opened for everyone. The two expansion behind flight release, like they did for legion.