I can assure you nobody wants Calia

as our new Forsaken leader. Not with what she has…become. I really hoped you guys learned from the holy Illidan debacle via novel. People where outraged at the thought of that happening and you guys changed it. It turned out pretty great in Legion to be honest. So I’m REALLY hoping there is a giant twist to how she becomes our leader. There is too many things involved even from a story standpoint. Forsaken would literally kill her right now, knowing she’s Artha’s sister. The idea of redemption through a Menethil is an ironic one. I totally get trying to go this rout storywise…But you guys made her into a holy undead abomination that absolutely nobody wanted this type of thing in game. Hopefully the light’s corruption is something that can be undone. Maybe the forsaken help her not succumb to the light’s will? She becomes a Forsaken in her own right? FIgure it out! GL the entire forsaken fanbase depends on it ;/

30 Likes

I liked her in the book.

21 Likes

I don’t think she’s really the problem per say. But the entire idea of her resurrection has been complete and utter backlash. Majority clearly don’t want that. It’s been a year plus of debate. Hopefully it turns out like Illidan in legion for her.

Especially because she’s been completely MIA for most of the Forsaken’s history. I find it hard to believe the race as a whole would ever be content with Calia and Derek being installed as leaders so quickly. Most of them would probably believe the Alliance demanded it as a concession for Sylvanas.

17 Likes

Good job Blizzard for adding another Marry Sue to ruin a beloved faction people played for a reason.

26 Likes

who knows maybe that’s what happens? that could be a nice twist to it. Maybe that’s how alliance get’s forsaken members as an allied race.

1 Like

Fixed that for you

There is no twist needed. She is a Menethil and she is undead. The real twist was that Sylvanas, a high elf, ruled the Lorderon dead in the first place.

Irrelevant. Did it matter to Gondor that Aragon had been MIA nearly his whole life. The Return of a King or Queen is truer to the identity of the Lorderon Dead.

You can’t just drop terms like ‘mary sue’ and expect it to do the main lifting of your argument. Not enough is known about Calia, she is largely still a mystery. The means of her resurrection and even her intentions are no less suspicious or dubious than they were in Before the Storm.

15 Likes

I can assure you, you are wrong.

super wrong on that bro. Seems you never read hate posts around the novel. Literally the majort dislike of Before the storm is exactly this. Her resurrection and what it means to the game overall.

again wrong.

it is 100% relevant as well.

she is literally a mary sue (as of right now). in every way shape or form. Damn you failed in all of what you posted.

7 Likes

Looks at Yrel, literally the embodiment of everything wrong with the Light.
Looks at Calia.

Yes, let’s not have any of that Light business around here.

7 Likes

So is it Holy Lady Watch Over You now when interacting with Forsaken npcs?

3 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t care, their writers and creative people have never played the games, they don’t care. They made up their own characters and they will make up new stuff. The Forsaken love their new queen because the writers say so.

1 Like

She’s the rightful heir of Loredaron. Her light-infusion is a perfect counter to the darkness in Sylvanas.

I think it’s a good move making her leader of the Forsaken … just seems weird that she’ll be leading a Horde-faction as an Alliance character.

2 Likes

The Forsaken never really stopped loving Calia. Just because they liked Sylvanas doesnt mean they suddenly hated their former princess.

1 Like

I don’t know much about her other than she is Arthas’ sister and was part of the priest Legion campaign.

I think if they fleshed out Voss’ story she would be a good choice.

Even Blightcaller if they could believably write story that he too was a pawn in Sylvanas’ insanity.

1 Like

With the installation as Calia as a puppet horde Leader, The subjugation of the horde will be complete…

7 Likes

Nathanos had several moments, both in the novel and the game, where he sort of second guessed Sylvanas’ more ruthless orders, which made me thought maybe he would abandon her, but alas, he stuck with her like the bootlicker he is.

2 Likes

I was hoping he would be the one to put her down, but he seems to have vanished somewhere in Naga land.

1 Like

I guess I am nobody then.

3 Likes

He only started showing his twinges of morality in Legion after Sylvanas had him kill his cousin and inhabit his body, and I really liked the idea of Sylvanas ‘upgrading’ him being what ultimately led to her downfall, but I doubt we’ll get that now.

3 Likes