I believe WoW no longer needs healers

The only thing this thread has proven is that the OP is a passive aggressive troll.

1 Like

Its sad to see the state of the wow player base. Anybody you disagree with automatically clasifies them as a troll, and as such its ok to attack. There is no reasoning, there is no discussion. I disagree and that makes you a bad person.

To be clear, I disagree with OP. But i think the discussion is interesting to think about. Whats pathetic is saying “No, you troll”. Professional forum lurkers.

Did you even read the thread?

1 Like

As someone who critically engaged with some of the ideas the OP presented, it’s pretty clear that they’re trolling. You can’t just hand out accolades for discussion, you have to look at the quality of ideas and gauge their worth, which is lacking. I don’t think any argument they made had an underlying principle behind it, other than their personal interest.

2 Likes

I look forward to hearing about the Augment shortage.

I thought your input is what makes posts like this valuable. Like I said, i completely disagree with the original post. But i thought there were valuable points, like discussing Ret and personal survivabilty. I will concede a lot of responses got derailed, OP had an opinion that differed from everyone elses. That does not innately make him a troll. Especially looking at early responses in the thread like these:

I highlight these specifically because Ive seen these same responses in well reasoned posts all over this forum. These were fairly early in the “discussion” as well.

Edit: I dont think this was a well reasoned post, but the response was the same regardless

1 Like

those games i listed are pvp only… i play wow for pve… if i want to pvp then i play a game that was created for pvp such as the titles i listed. yes…

i brought those up because someone said pvp needs healers

augmentation evokers are so OP that basically every group is required to run one…

also, augmentation evokers take almost zero mechanical skill… everyone wants to play an augvoker because they are OP and easy to play.

I think it’s fair to dismiss some of the earlier comments, but with the responses and conclusions the OP drew from the discussion, it became more obvious what their intentions were.

If I’m being ultra-charitable, they merely lack the skills to engage with a subject this complicated, and found themself deeper than they should be. If I’m being realistic, some of their responses are, conceivably, very condescending and operating in bad faith. If you want a productive conversation, you’d respond maturely. You’d respond without a Schrödinger’s smiley face. Speak plainly and let your ideas sit.

Not to mention, I feel my posts were among the most critical, but understanding. The OP wouldn’t dare engage with them, however. I find that peculiar, since one of the elements I criticized was a massive underpinning to their argumentation. At some point, you deserve a label.

1 Like

Alistar, Bard, Fiora, Janna, Kayle, Kindred, Milio, Naafiri, Nami, Nidalee, Nilah, Rakan, Rell, Senna, Seraphine, Sona, Soraka, Taric, Yummi, and Zilean would like a word with you.

The same game where you can revive downed people and carry health packs.

:point_down:

So you’re saying Pokemon like Clefable don’t exist?

I noticed a suspicious lack of mentioning other PvP games like Overwatch and TF2. :thinking:

…Because the time to kill is pretty long. This isn’t like Call of Duty where it’s like “pow pow, you’re dead, respawn in 2 seconds”.

“It won’t take out a player base…they can just play aug voker”

And 2v2’s where a lot of 2s comps run a healer.

Zzz.

If these were the best examples you came up with and still missed the part where you eliminate player bases, then you play the game, and post of the forums with your eyes closed and monitor off…

I think this would be ridiculous. Healers have been a core mechanic of WoW. If we suddenly no longer need healers healing as a concept, then that’s a greater issue with the game, not call for elimination of a trinity aspect.

1 Like

well blizzard changed the core mechanic of wow by adding augvokers… so that core mechanic of wow that relied on healers no longer exists… it is simply an outdated concept

ret paladins don’t need healers, just buff other dps to have the same survivability and self-reliance that ret paladins have…gg, healers aren’t needed anymore…

the only thing we need is an aug voker for support.

i would like to take a second to thank you personally for your input, i greatly enjoyed reading it and am so glad you shared :slight_smile:

i would prefer

1. Tank/dps
  2. Tank/dps
  3. Healer/dps
  4. Healer/dps
  5. Aoe Dps

the superior comp is

1. tank
  2. aug voker
  3. dps
  4. dps
  5. dps

This guy is a pretty good troll, although he’s eaten a few bans in the battle tag threads. Krogh, you’ve outdone yourself on this one. Bravo.

1 Like

Absolutely not

1 Like

thank you so much for your input, i really appreciate it, friend :slight_smile:
hope u have a lovely day

Of course friend, you’re doing the Lord’s work here and don’t you let up. Remember, don’t lose your temper and eat those bans anymore. It’s all about dropping that hot take and hopping up the community no matter how bad it is. You do you boo boo.

2 Likes

i simply believe that healers really are no longer needed in this game anymore with the addition of the augmentation evokers. feel free to read through the thread and enjoy all of the wonderful knowledge that has been shared, not only by myself, but many other lovely people as well :slight_smile:

I totally agree, I’m glad you want augvoker gone all much as I do. Terrible to balance around. Healers for the win. Man, thank you for supporting removing augvoker.

3 Likes