I am so lost about gear. Help?

I just got to gammas. Got an entire PvP set with a few pieces here and there from other stuff.

I have no idea what gear to get. I’m lost. Every guide says something different… get this set, get that tier set, buy these with scourges stones, but furious, wrathful etc

There’s so many options and I’m too new to understand what’s what.

Is there some kind of liners progression guide to get the IL needed to enter Icc?

1 Like

You do dungeons to get the gear from Gamma dungeons, save up the scourgestones that drop from there and buy items to whatever spec you want to play from the scourgestone vendor. That should be enough for you to be accepted into ICC runs.

2 Likes

What do I do with all the different emblems I have like frost?

Frost emblems are for gear too, but I’d consider going for the 251 ilevel tier stuff first with those emblems to get 4 set. need a bunch! like 390 or more to get everything that’s worth getting with the frost emblems.

1 Like

Ok and then go for the sanctified versions later I’m assuming when I actually start raiding

If you are melee. (PVE)

• You need 6.5% expertise (knocks the bosses dodge off the chance list, but NOT parry)

• You need a varying amount of hit %, I generally play with 8% but depending on races and such that’s going to vary.

• For gearing up at fresh 80 I suggest doing the 3 ICC heroic dungeons daily, they cap at “heroic” but give scourgestones like a Gamma and some really nice start pieces. You might also find some really cheap crafted items on the AH.

• If you are already high enough GS to queue for gammas, I suggest finding the loot lists and going from there.

• It’s going to take a very long time to get scourgestones and frost badges, you may want to look into the triumph set instead for much faster access to real PVE gear with the correct stats

2 Likes

Thank you very much for this

what class/spec are you?

If you want actual PVE gear that will help you do better damage and not just inflate your gearscore you want scourgestones

Buy trophies (20 stones) + Triumph badges for your T9 set
Scourgestones to buy offpieces like trinkets, cloaks, jewelery and the gammas themselves drop pretty good stuff too.

Then from there it’s a matter of buying a few good BOE crafted items which are pretty cheap now and finding ICC pugs

Try to hit 5200-5500 before getting into ICC

Once you can farm gamma, go for a full set of token gear that is 245+. Your item level will actually decline because 245/251 is lower than 264 honor gear, but your damage will go up. You’d rather have damage over resilience. The crit immunity from resilience can be useful sometimes but you’d rather have more damage all the time. Also note that only up to 5.4% resilience is used vs level 82 mobs (max in dungeons). At this point, you’re crit immune, meaning any resilience past this point isn’t even used.