I am quiting WoW

I have decided to quit WoW, and this time never return to it again because of two specific issues I’m having that I consider make WoW a poor quality game.

One is Ashran. This BG ruins the enjoyment of the game (and this is why I’m posting this post in the BG forums). It is a mess. You can sit in Q and then Ashran pops- ruining the smooth enjoyment of the game.

Second is the fact that, as a decent video game player, no online guide can tell me how I can unlock content such as getting the legendary cloak that gives corruption resistance, or even how to do the patch 8.3 content. It’s very confusing and poorly designed. No guide can even tell me how I can do these things from scratch- no place to even start it. The result is my that my character is poorly geared compared to other players, which does affect my performance in BGs. This helps make WoW a poor quality game.

After I post this thread, I am going to delete WoW and Blizzard programs from my PC and never return. As such, I will not be replying to any messages in this thread either.

I was already gone for about 5 years before they re-released classic. (There is another BG issue there related to a Horde exploit in AV Blizzard won’t fix either which is a third BG related reason I’m quiting)

Anyhow I enjoyed the time I played the game, it was decent entertainment. But it looks like I should be spending my time enjoying other forms of entertainment from now on.

Take care and thanks for reading.

9 Likes

I feel you 100% about the 8.3 quest chains starting from the neck and working to the cloak.

I keep writing an essay about this poor design and how it matches the rest of the game.

Rng on rng on rng and what’s the most amount of time we can get Out of them to do this certain task.

Rather than actually making the game enjoyable and fun to play.

I just wish someone new would step in and drive the company into a new direction because the current leads seem way too excited by metrics.

I would like to add that I think the art team is the only one that has done amazing job time and time again.

12 Likes

Huh … the game takes you step by step how to upgrade cloak.

10 Likes

the cloak quest chain is unfun and runs you all over the place, but confusing? how? how is it hard to look where the map tells you to go? it even spells out exactly what portals to take. you don’t even have to know a single thing about the location to just fly where the map tells you to go. the only thing remotely confusing was starting nazjatar because when you return to the game there are like 17 different quests in the start hub. after that it’s a very straightforward quest chain

i agree it’s idiotic but i’m still not sure how you got confused by it

2 Likes

can i have your stuff?

5 Likes

can i have his gold?

So to be clear, you’re quitting because you don’t like one of four epic BG’s (which are in their own separate queue category now) and because you can’t follow the cloak quest line which is accentuated in your quest log.

Hitting max level at the end of an expansion can be a little overwhelming but what are they supposed to do, remove old patch content every time a new one comes out?

3 Likes

This has got to be the worse “I quit” post ever…

14 Likes

Ya and this is supposed to be a Classic player .

Compared to the confusing mess that Classic is , the cloak quest of 8.3 is nothing as long as you have the regular comprehension of a human being

3 Likes

Well, provided you know that the cloak comes near the end of the quest chain. If you absolutely despise questing in general? Yeah, I can see how that could be an issue.

3 Likes

It literally freaking tells you on wowhead , in very great detail on how to do literally everything and then some for eternity . That is why wowhead exists . If I can navigate the site and understand then you should be able to too . It’s super simple n straight to the point . Even the comments are filled with people giving useful information on how to do things aswell.

Ya , sure ashran is bad yeah it sucks that you get it sometimes but its life .
Idk I barley came back couple days ago and I’m already at ilvl 443 it’s not that hard to get some decent gear . You just need to stop being lazy .

Yes , it sucks we have to pve to Pvp but that’s just how it is . I went in on my 370ilvl bm hunter and did around 1.9 mil dmg it’s not fancy and I only died twice . It’s not that bad . Not to mention I was ilvl 380 something when I came bacc on this toon and I was still top heals outhealing geared players in bgs .

I’m only 443 now and I am still most of the time either 1st or 2nd in top heals each bg . Yes sometimes you get teams that rotfl stomp because gear . It happens . I just think if you really truly are going to quit over these things it’s silly . It takes only a few min to look stuff up on wowhead .
The only reason I left for awhile was to save up money for a good pc .

2 Likes

You’re quitting because you don’t know how to google?

Literally the first link.

I’ll report back if my boyfriend - who literally just got his first 120 - can figure this out on his own in game. If so, hoo, OP.

1 Like

Don’t help him though, it’s a mess of a system because you do partial quest chains from each zone.

its not hard to understand, it is very, very time consuming in the long run though. dailies, weeklys, assaults and visons is a lot of pve for people that want to pvp

2 Likes

See you in six weeks.

It actually is very confusing to someone fresh to BFA

I have two friends who just came back after not playing since Pandaland

Both of them were completely baffled by what to do at 120.

They weren’t friendly with two of the three starter zones because a single one can take you all the way from 110-120 if you do one or two dungeons along the way

Not friendly with all three zones means

No world quests
No Nazjatar
No Magni in Nazjatar
No cloak quest

Seriously, a fresh 120 hasn’t the slightest clue what to make of any of the 8.2 or 8.3 content because all of it assumes you “finished” 8.0-8.1 during normal progression

I think some of you guys were obviously sitting maxed out on the war campaign, Nazjatar, Mechagon, two or three raid tiers and simply waiting for something to do when the cloak quests dropped, at which time you likely had zero quests in your quest log.

You logged in, got a quest for the first time in weeks and then knocked it out in a couple of hours

Compare that to the player who has seven different kinds of currency and no idea what any of Itbisbused for or if it even has value at all.

He also has a dozen quests or more from scattered BFA newbie zones clogging up his log as well.

Someone like the OP, who likely doesn’t do PVE if they can help it, might be a bit overwhelmed by a mandatory high level PVE grind that is now required to even step foot into a BG without getting completely assploded by high level corruption abilities

You may not be able to work up much empathy but can you at least try a little sympathy?

17 Likes

They needed to have a skip for the prequests when they brought out each new patch.

I tried a new toon and slowly figured out what to do, looked up online.

It should of been way easier.

3 Likes

You can Google it, I had to do that when I came back

Wow head tells you what you need to know and yeah it’s a lot if you start fresh now. I would not bother now tbh

You never leave WoW. You just take a break.

1 Like

I’m not sure how you got six likes but this information is incorrect. I just did BG’s and dungeons from 110 to 120 on this character and had no issues whatsoever unlocking everything. No BfA quest content.

Just follow the main line. It’s not that long and it’s extremely easy to know what’s next; made even easier with fan-made sites like wowhead.

1 Like