I am concerned with how Blizzard addresses redemption from attempted (or completed) genocide

Good to know. I’ve seen too many fans apply double standards to the story, and wanted to call that out. I’m saying to those who agree if we accept Man’ari individuals it also applies to repentant individuals from other groups even if they’re groups that fans hate.

I don’t see why not. But this is not really forgiveness, maybe not even redemption.

Edit: The story anyway set the theme for Sylvanas of all people to be redeemed- if she can, there’s not much you can argue against anymore in this story.

1 Like

YAWN

Night. Elfs. Mages.

I rest my case.

2 Likes

So if Sylvanas can be redeemed, could, say, Gallywix, Yrel, Azshara, Xe’ra and more be redeemed?

OP’s face when he genocide other races (non-alliance mostly) when doing quests/farm/pve - :sun_with_face:

OP’s face when non-alliance races genocide his race/alliance races - :anguished: :imp: :rage:

This thread in a nutshell.

5 Likes

Xe’ra is dead.
Not sure what you would redeem her for? Being a prick? Imprisoning alleria?

The others? Why not.

So do Klingons and Americans and Trekkies LOVE them for it.

1 Like

You can’t redeem X’era…it doesn’t exist any more.

hey out of curiosity how much guilt do you hold in your heart regarding the suffering of the Palestinians?

3 Likes

Wow, just imagine being an immortal race of evil aliens committing countless acts of directed and wanton violence resulting in mass extinction for countless species across hundreds if not thousands of worlds over thousands of years and you finally get defeated, only for your enemies to wag their finger and say “don’t do it again!” with dirty looks as the only consequence.

Who the hell needs redemption or forgiveness?

Man’ari walking tall, head held high, smiling through the cobblestone streets of Stowmwind.

Talk about a slap on the wrist. LMAO.

1 Like

They didn’t want to commit genocide, they wanted to commit omnicide. Destroy everything, in all of existence.

1 Like

Are they, though?

I don’t recall Velen promising to bring any of the Man’ari back to Azeroth with him, even though we know that will be an eventuality.

who knows since you can roll a new character with the skin customization and you’re at the crash site with everybody else lol

Of course there will be issues of continuity when the skin color option doing double duty as a sub-race option isn’t given the necessary development and plot advancement before being released into the game world.

1 Like

Mostly right Alliance poster! The Horde WAS tricked into committing genocide. Also what the hell is a glib?

I am doing the opposite of that, what you quoted me saying is literally saying the opposite of that. The blame goes to the government (which did nothing wrong)

Yikes. Literally no words for you

Klingons got decent story development that had them evolve. They also never wanted to exterminate entire civilizations.

well you said not to assume your motivations so i figured i’d just ask :slight_smile:

And before you argue “Well you’re holding the orcs collectively responsible”. I am not Israeli, I do not live in Israel (And never have), I no longer publicly support the actions of the Israeli government. I have no more say in the Israeli government than anyone else who is not a citizen.

The orcs have a responsibility to fix their society because they LIVE IN IT. Israelis have a responsibility to fix their society because they LIVE IN IT.

The fact that you even asked the question in a conversation that has nothing to do with the Israeli/Palestinian situation, only because I mentioned I’m Jewish, is telling. Be better.

1 Like

Hm. This feels like its gone off the rails and into an abyss pretty quickly. But then that was likely inevitable with a topic like this.

5 Likes