I am afraid how hard its going to be!

Players will eventually start hitting/running into “road blocks” . Can’t pass certain key areas in content… Which will lead to rage and emo type behavior, like Vanilla did. I still remember certain dungeon failures and the rage from Vanilla more so than any other expansion to this very day. The countless dying in Scarlet Monastery. Live side and undead side of stratholme and the forever long scholomance. And BRD just about every pull = a wipe. And LBRS and UBRS forget it… die for sure all the time and every time.

2 Likes

I only wish Classic will be like this, it sounds glorious!

Nah, it will be fine. Pay attention, have fun.

6 Likes

its a video game

1 Like

I don’t know. Players are better at the game now. I’m sure some silly deaths will occur, but once people are used to the pulls it’s not that hard.

The pace of progression is much slower in Classic, and I think that might turn people off, especially if they really enjoy retail.

2 Likes

cant wait to embrace the grind

3 Likes

It is designed so that some situations you have to work with others. There will be elite quests that you will not be able to do without grouping. The characters in vanilla where designed to have flaws that other classes complimented unlike todays wow where everyone can do pretty much everything. It takes patience and dedication to level in classic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this can always happen with bad players, but realistically the average player now is comparative to the top players back then.
You won’t be wiping repeatedly in 5 mans…

2 Likes

You’ll be ok. I don’t recall ever having a problem with Vanilla’s difficulty besides people acting like jamokes and losers in Trade Chat. I just played the game at my own pace with cool people. Sound familiar?

Possibly. But crowd control is a must. Using sap and sheep, holding agro, not breaking the CC, hehe, younger players that never had to actually use those things might be in for a surprise lol. It will be glorious! muhahahah

5 Likes

Yes, but even more important is aggro control. Wait for five sunders will be essential.

4 Likes

fun fact happy for that

One of the more fun aspects of Classic, for me anyways, was the need for CC. Not every dungeon run was a dps race. You actually had to plan and think your way through the dungeons. People who knew their class and who could operate on the fly were valued for more than simple dps machines. I rogue that could distract, sap, blind and stun-lock 3 opponents while the team took out number 4 was a god.

Hunters that could trap, pet-tank, kite, and control 4-5 mobs at once were golden.
Mage sheep pulls with hunter misdirects…You actually had to pay attention.

People will die if they approach Classic as a dps fest.

7 Likes

Yes, there were roadblocks. It took working as a TEAM to get through it. Helping your teammates to improve gear/skills when required, paying attention to those leading in the run, working together as a group, not being a Leeroy, etc.

2 Likes

Play smart instead of trying to rush through everything.

2 Likes

Just going off the subject along I wasn’t sure what to expect from this thread, just saying…

This is the thing that current players have to unlearn.

5 Likes

Classic isn’t hard. I mean people managed to level 60 and even complete end game dungeons/raids without knowing their butt from their head (my self included) back in the day. It’ll be a bit of an adjustment but people will do just fine.

The only thing i hope for is that the “GO GO GO FASTER DO IT FASTER WHY ARENT YOU PULLING FASTER?!?!?!?” type gameplay gets left in retail. I have become so burnt out on multi-player content ever since blizz turned every freaking thing into a race to the finish.

8 Likes

Runners. Most of the issues OP pointed out were the result of runners. Frostbolt, Concussion Shot, Hamstring, Rogue Crippling Poison, Roots, or just having ranged DPS burn them before they get far. ALL of which require the DPS to pay attention for runners. Not the Tank. Not the Healer. They’re the DPS’s responsibility. If a runner aggros another pack, it’s the DPS’s fault.

1 Like

Agreed. They will learn though, if they die alot, repairing equipment is expensive lol.

4 Likes