I am 68 years old and just want to play warcraft. I really want to tell you to take battlenet and stick it

I just want to play the game. I have been since it came out and even when the floppy disk first came out in the 90s.
Logging on to this ridiculous battlenet and having it fail so many times because blizzard severs are so completely outdated is getting really bad.
I am sure that many others could agree that we spend a pretty fair amount of money keeping you all in business.
I want to play the game. I don’t give a rats as_s (sorry. I forgot about mild words like as* ) about battlenet and the programs incessant need to not connect.

7 Likes

Blizzard let this man play wow!

5 Likes

Not sure if Blizzard actually has. a forum for Warcraft, but assuming it’s Warcraft I or Warcraft II you’re trying to play, you might want to try the general Blizzard forums.

I feel like the OP is talking about WoW.

The issues he said don’t apply to wc3, well they do, but apply to WoW more.

1 Like

WoW is warcraft.

Retail forgot that but we didn’t.

you can launch it from the exe file and skip bnet, i believe.

1 Like

You can - I do this! It’s way faster and way more stable - only downside is that you have to type in your password every time, so slower reconnects at an eventual DC.

PS. and If I can do it, so can you - I’m not much younger than

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

While its certainly possible they are talking about WoW from what the poster said, that seems unlikely, WOW came out in 2004, not the 90s which is when Warcraft came out (Warcraft 1994, Warcraft 2 1995), I am also relatively certain that WoW never shipped on a floppy disk, as most games had transitioned to CDs by the time it launched, and the number of floppy disks needed to install wow would have been prohibitive.

So yes its possible the OP is trying to play wow, the timeline and media he describes/uses make it unlikely, it also sounds like they want to play offline, and not be connected to battlenet at all which is something that WOW simply would never do, as it still connects to battlenet even if you log in via the WOW client, though as several have advised, it is possible to launch without the battlenet app, and go directly to the WOW app.

I do think the legacy games like warcraft 1, warcraft 2, diablo 1 and diablo 2 also can be launched directly without the battlenet app and the required internet connection, however I don’t have them installed so am not able to confirm that.

1 Like

I havent tried in a few years but I couldn’t launch my WarCraft RTS games offline since Reforged came out. It would constantly ask for my key and I’d enter it then it would simply not launch. That may be a reforged bug that got fixed but I haven’t the heart to try after reforged anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.