Hyperspeed Accelerator Macro Broken

Same thing here. It was working all through Wrath just fine, even did a bunch of Heroics earlier today and it worked. Then logged back on a few hours later, and suddenly encountered this bug and had to do without.

I disabled all addons, I simplified the macro down to something as simple as:

/use 10
/cast Incinerate (or any other spell)

And still had this problem.

3 Likes

Every macro with /use 15 (flexweave underlay) or /use 10 no longer works
for a little while after many players reported /use 10 macros broke, some people claimed they could still work by making the /use 10 function appear at the end of the macro - then those broke, then /use 15 broke

/castsequence reset=n Spellname, 15 (or 10) used to work, now does not

i sincerely hope this is an accident and not some kind of stealth nerfing after everyone spent price gouge values to level engineering

4 Likes

Same issue here. Hoping for a fix soon!

3 Likes

Broken for me as well with /use 10 for my Hyperspeed Accelerator. Was working fine yesterday.

3 Likes

Macro works with an item I acquired awhile back, Tier 7 gloves via emblems but my new Winter Spectacle Gloves, it does not work. Please help!

2 Likes

This is a direct result of yesterday’s gloveweaving hotfix: Wrath of the Lich King Classic Hotfixes - Updated January 9 - #212 by Bleedingme-faerlina

This hotfix breaks simple, non-exploitative macros like:

/use 10
/cast Chain Heal

I hope we can get an alternative fix that takes care of gloveweaving without breaking macros like this that have worked for years and are functionally equivalent to macroing a “use” trinket to a spell.

3 Likes

They REALLY need to stop changing the game.

6 Likes

Same thing here. Pls fix this ASAP!! Don’t let this be a stealth nerf we could do this since wrath, cata, mists, wod come on Blizzard. Fix our macros! PLS

1 Like

I really hope so too, but until we get word that’s it’s a bug we have to assume its the fun police.

1 Like

bump. Macro’s using glove enchant are broken. this should not be the case

4 Likes

@blizzard, Hey are hyperspeed accelerator enchants in WOTLK CLASSIC broken for macro use? All the work I put into my keybinds are messed up. is it a bug?

2 Likes

Please fix this. It really gimps me in Arena.

1 Like

Hi all, after more testing I can confirm the only way to make this work is to macro the item use after an instant cast spell.

For example,

#showtooltip Holy Shock
/cast Holy Shock
/use 10

This will still allow you to Holy Shock while the item is on CD but will pop CD if it is not.

For those of you with no short CD instant casts, I’m sorry :frowning:

3 Likes

Thank you for recommending the instant cast solution. I’ve been scouring the internet for hours. I thought it was clique at first. Then I thought it was trinkets in general. It was until I searched Google for ‘use 10’ instead of ‘use 13’ that I found this thread.

I was losing my mind on Friday night before raid when my macros suddenly stopped working. Alternative macro workarounds are not working well

Still broken. Still needs to be fixed. Of all the things to break, I can’t believe the simplest of macros are one of them.

2 Likes

Still broken. Still no communication. Hello? Is this thing on?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t expect a fix soon. Balanced druids have had a bug for more than a month that disables the escape key and breaks casting animation several times a session (reload to fix). If they can’t fix that, they won’t fix this.

Good news though. Both have macro workarounds. It’s not ideal, but you can macro ‘/use 10’ AFTER an instant cast spell. It’s not an ideal solution, but at least it works for most people.

Not sure what you’re on about. Macros appear to be working as expected post maintenance.

Thank you for the fix guys. <3

2 Likes