Hunters need pet spec swapping returned and those derpy new fish frog things need to be tameable

In Legion we were allowed to change the pets specialization so you could do any content with any pet you want and you could change what utility the pet would give you based on that content.

After they removed that a ton if not most of the pets in the game became dead to me because ferocity is too valuable for open world and you should always have a bloodlust in the group and tenacity is too valuable for raids to keep you alive.

Also we really need to be able to tame those goofy looking skipper things with the googly eyes and the silly waddle they do.

23 Likes

So the removal of a feature that required you to tame less pets made taming more pets less optimal for you?

Fascinating. :thinking:

1 Like

People enjoy playing with the pets they WANT to use, not what they have to use, because they were turned useless for the content they’re doing.

How you managed to get “now you don’t have to tame so many pets” from that, I have no clue.

12 Likes

Wish granted

10 Likes

Oh sweet ty ty.

You are over simplfying it.

I want to use any pet I tame and not be screwed over.

The current system doesn’t allow that

10 Likes

Exactly. There’s so many cool pets out there I just wont use because they are cunning.

A lot of the hounds are and mechanicals are really really cool but you won’t catch me using a cunning pet because they are just so much worse.

5 Likes

We can.

But they’re tenacity, so they’re 100% useless in actual combat.

Cause only Blizzard could make 33% of pets useless all the time and another 33% useless in PvE and the other 33% useless in PvP.

We need to be able to swap specs again.

What’s hilarious is the content tenacity is meant for - soloing - Ferocity does 1000% better because of the leech to both you and your pet.

5 Likes

I think it would be better to give all pets in the game 10% leech.

BM hunters barely get anything from leech, MM and SV at least do most of the damage so they benefit.

if the 10% leech for pet was baseline they could do something more interesting with ferocity.

But you should still be able to change the pet spec anytime you want so you can use any pet in the game without feeling bad.

2 Likes

counter point, the leech should be 15% to BM hunter as well.

I’m just glad that cloud serpents were given lesser dragonkin status, otherwise the fixed pet spec thing would sting a lot harder. Still, I’d love to be able to change my pets’ specs again. I will remain forever salty about that removal.

3 Likes

I’m salty about that AND about the usability of Hati Appearance Swapper. I wish we could use that on our companion pet instead of just having the pet on the bonus slot/first stable slot.

1 Like

I don’t really see the issue with having the functionality implemented into the class itself.

sure, that’s better, or maybe even a glyph. Now If i want to use my pterodaxx to “fly” in bg I have to swap before every bg or swapping my toad for arena.

I want my pets to match; 2 pterodaxxes in bg, 2 toads in arena and 2 blood beasts in dungeons.

You are misunderstanding me, intentionally or otherwise. We have the option to choose our second pet instead of relying on an item, and in my opinion that’s fine.

No, we have to go to the stable to change it. Before this we can just use the item to change it even in bgs. we don’t need to go to the stable to match our pet appearance which is way better.

we don’t have the ability to change it; the stable does.

But the fact remains that we don’t need an item. To me that’s a win. Should it be more convenient? Possibly, but relying on a specific item wasn’t the way to go, in my opinion.

No; we have no way to change it. We can only use the stable which is worse because it is an NPC only in some location. We used to have the ability to change it on a whim and we can change it. anywhere and anytime, regardless.

Now we can’t and don’t have the item and have to rely on an NPC.

+1 to going back to being able to change pet specs and use whatever ones we’d like. :+1:

1 Like

Counter point so blizzard actually fixes it: the pet leech thing affects other classes too and it’s dumb af. It’s not just hunters- so you should fix it blizz!

1 Like