Hunters in BGs

Grinding honor on alts can be painful. ESP when every random bg features 3-6 mm hunters and half of them in duelist gear already.

At least you will have comp stomp next week hang in there.

Mm hunters are the most obnoxious class to deal with in bg. Explosive trap knocks, sniper shot 100-0 from 75 yard away on ur 40-60k hp alt all game

Idk man, i just got out of a bg with 0 hunters in it. Out of the 20 people 8 of them were locks and 5 of them were rogues.

1 Like

Ah, the next batch of fotm is almost ready.

5 Likes

then you better make friends with a good MW, bic boi. :wink: MWs have a 40 yard range disarm! :relaxed: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

30 yards is still kind of far

lulw /10char

2 Likes

how is a guy thats only 253 this deep into the season going to complain about a specific class in bgs in the ARENA forums and not work on getting better gear and improving as a player instead

3 Likes

His point is not about gear. At 253 ilvl, nobody should die in two seconds.

The clocks ticking on mm hunters because players are just getting sick of this overpowering class.

I stopped playing mine due to how boring it was getting.

I think a 30% decrease to damage across the board would make this class still very playable but without the rediculous burst they currently have.

I mean, if a single class/spec is doing the most damage in every bracket, they need to be hit with the nerf bat.

5 Likes

People die in 2 seconds at 285 too. It’s not just an MM thing either.

4 Likes

I’ve lost my entire health bar at 285 in 1-2 seconds.

1 Like

Imagine spending months getting that gear to die in 2 seconds. This is why I don’t max evel PvP.

It’s a joke.

Takes a few days to get the gear at most tbh.

It’s really not that long. Early upgrades are super cheap, too.

1 Like

Question:

Is rated play required to get 285 gear ?

From pvp, yes.

1 Like

Ah see that’s where I’m concerned. Rated players vs not rated players in the same bg.

Poor PvP design imo

1 Like

It’s really not a big deal, I moved it to the BG forums. My mistake

I get that 253 isn’t THAT geared but honestly, it should be enough to mitigate dying in 2-3 hits. Maybe my larger point is less about Hunters specifically, although from my limited experience they’re pretty frustrating, and more about the meta in general.

I think most people want a higher damage meta instead of the opposite, but it’s definitely gone too far. 253 item level is like normal level raid gear, I shouldn’t get hit that hard by someone who’s maybe 10-15 item levels above me. I’m not running around in 225 gear.

Also your comment about improving as a player is fine, I’m all for that and nobody is perfect at this game. In this case it really doesn’t feel like that’s the issue though, that’s not a matter of “skill”. These are fights on 5 on 5, sometimes 10 on 10 and you can’t prevent every single little thing from happening if it’s a random BG.

They need to tone down the damage across the board for a lot of specs, but Hunters specifically in BGs are completely broken. I’m sure some people enjoy it but I think there’s a good compromise between a dampening meta & whatever this is. I miss when fights felt like an actual battle, your health bar just vanishes now.

Also whoever was laughing at the fact I quoted wearing armor, is because in this game, there used to be an actual difference between wearing cloth and mail. Maybe they don’t care about that anymore, but it makes no sense to me.

2 Likes

Remember when everyboday complained about convocation of elements in battlegrounds I dont.

rogues are super squishy so their teamfight would be trash