Hunters in BGs

I understand BGs aren’t the central focus on PVP balance

I also understand there’s a huge gear gap right now and there are a lot of other classes that are pretty broken

But I don’t understand why through full wall I get like 2-shotted by a Marksman hunter while I’m stunned, who’s standing in my face (so he’s not even at range, he didn’t kite me). Whatever happened to outplaying someone in this game, he just uses Aimed Shot and Rapid Fire and I’m dead in 2 seconds. This happens constantly, I can never outheal it and it probably makes up 50% or more of my deaths in BGs.

And then we wonder why participation is so low. This meta is junk, especially for a casual. I wear mail armor, why am I dying like a clothie?

EDIT: Accidentally posted on my classic char but I play enhance in retail

12 Likes

8 Likes

Marksmanship is always a terror in random battlegrounds.

High range, frontloaded damage into people who don’t press cc/defensives.

1 Like

If I have Astral Shift up and I’m wearing mail armor, I really don’t see how that’s a justification for taking like 50k damage to the dome in maybe 2.5 seconds

It’s just PVE damage, there’s zero setup?

2 Likes

This is the arena forums…

1 Like

im confused. is this a nerf hunter thread? Or…

What’s your gear like relative to theirs?

Most of PvP is just PvEing people that don’t want you to.

4 Likes

If you see 4 hunters on the enemy team like there tends to be, play ethereal form

which is worse. an enemy team with 5 hunters or 5 rogues

4 Likes

Hunters kill people

Rogues just AFK in stealth and do nothing

Yeah, it’s just that in BGs they can usually kind of sit back and jab away at people from relative safety

2 Likes

thankfully 90% of marksman hunters are absolute trash outside of that gimmick

2 Likes

true but can’t you say that about most ranged classes? In normals i typically go after hunters/locks/mages first to stop them from blowing targets up in random bgs but the outcome usually depends on what the rest of the team is doing

When it comes to epic bgs, it kinda blows to be melee in all of them lol

Yeah, yeah, but a freecasting fire mage won’t decimate your team in the same way an uncontested marksmanship will. I’d say maybe Aff but they never seem particularly effective in random bgs, at least nowhere near the level of MM that just kind of randomly chunks people for half their health every 10 seconds.

5 Likes

This all wow BG’s, at every level bracket. They get 50 yard range and are immune to interrupts because reasons. Have fun!

2 Likes

you can just disarm it bro

1 Like

Well it’s casual bg’s. Which means people can stack buffs that they can’t in other pvp content like berserker (30% damage), bloodlust (30% haste), saltwater potions (another 30% damage).

The difference between max honor gear and max arena gear only further exacerbates the damage buff issue, which is why people get 1 shot in casual content.

2 Likes

My shaman is around 253 ilvl with about 25% versatility. Not the best gear I suppose, but it still feels bad just getting deleted whether the hunter is 2 yards away or 40 yards away.

1 Like

You die ambiently to aoe/cleave from people that aren’t even targeting you.

1 Like

Yes!! This happens constantly. Like I’m a melee class so I need to get into the thick of things obviously, but as soon as I enter melee range I have 20 debuffs on me. That’s before the hunter kills me in seconds lol.

Ethereal Form definitely helps I just tried it out, but their casters just cleave me down and since you can’t attack, I can’t generate Maelstrom Weapon procs so I can heal myself. You also lose Astral Shift, our only real defensive.

I’d understand if Enhance was this purely offensive spec. Our burst is good, but nowhere near that of specs with arguably better mitigation.

Hunter with 79K HP just double tapped me, rapid fire while disengaging and I was dead. Through Earth Shield + Nature’s Guardian, couldn’t wall in time. Idk.

EDIT: What I’ve also noticed is if its 1v1, 2v2, etc I can deal with them. As soon as they can hide in the back, I’m screwed. Enhance seems awful in big fights.

5 Likes

Disarms are few and far between compared to kicks. Not too mention disarms have much longer cooldowns. Also most disarms require melee range. Meanwhile the hunter is 50 yards away…

1 Like