Hunter Visual Design: Consistent Miss

Will it proc a cartoonish amount of oil on our characters?

All your abilities will make you scream lines from Rambo.

1 Like

A set that gave you a bare chest and tattoos/eyepatch/mechanical eye could go a ways to meeting that rambo archetype, pair it with a complicated bandolier/quiver and secondary weapons on belt and you could have something pretty sweet.

By the same token enchanted forest lord is another fantasy archer archetype that could extend outside of the “animal head + rags” archetype that they seem to have a time getting away from

For sure, it would be really cool if we got more “protector of the woods” vibe from armor sets. I’m sure getting tired of trophy themed sets myself. There’s definitely a lot of avenues they could explore for future hunter sets

Many of the Druid sets capture some of the Hunter aspects. Natural and animal themes. Blizzard lifting the walls on what class can transmog would give wider choices on mixing armor types.

For sure, you could probably find more cool mogs for Hunters in like, Rogues and Druids than you could on Evoker and Shaman ha

The artists for WoW need to go play FFIV for a while. So many amazing visuals in that game that would be amazing for Hunters.

I really think it’s a design direction thing rather than a lack of creativity from artists thing.

At the end of the day you hit the assignment, and I think they hit it, it just doesn’t seem to hit the same way that other sets do.

I think this is the art team design the sets for the class they like or play first then work thier way down the line to the least favorite class.

Yep. The irony is that hunter has one of the most thematic and variable gear sets; prey based designs. No other class had sets with a name “________stalker” that lasted how many tiers?! Hunter sets really should be the “easiest” to design for imho.

I feel like half the time the people who share this sentiment are boomers who cant let go of the aesthetics of the first handful of tier sets made and/or lack creativity to put something together.
Ive never truly understood the dislike for mail mog when there’s so much to like. Hunters have solid and really good PvE and PvP sets.

2 Likes

Well, I can’t speak for the others but the reason I’ve disliked most Hunter tiers was that they were just too bulky for me.

I greatly prefer the sleek look, hence why I’ve stuck with my transmog since WoD.

But I know I’m in the minority!

Hunter sets haven’t been good for a long time sure. I have mostly jumped to using heritage armor or designs any class can use.

Hunters stalk the wilderness and big hulking shoulders would get caught in the brush. Your not going to wear heavy armor if you need to sneak up on prey.

1 Like

I started playing in vanilla and I’ve been playing hunter since cata. Mogging and collecting mog has always been a huge factor for what keeps me playing since it’s introduction. That being said…I have zero clue why people complain about hunter mog so much. I’ve never been envious of the other classes or armor types. I’ve never once thought our mogs are lacking. People’s ‘creativeness’ is lacking. People’s ideas on how to mog are lacking. Players are lacking. The tools are there, but because full sets don’t aren’t baby’s first edgy OC like rogues and warlocks, people wanna complain. I truly love mail mog in this game, y’all just need to expand your horizons.

It’s entirely subjective, so your love for mail transmog options has about as much weight as other’s disdain. My issue is the clearly limited choices for mail armor in general.

Most classes have about the same number of sets, but because Mail wearers were the minority for so long, we really only have our own sets and some knock-offs of Shaman sets to choose from. Plate, Leather and Cloth wearers all have more options.

On the subjective side of things, I’m not a fan of putting dead animal parts on my transmog. There are so many plate and leather items I’d love to transmog onto my gear, but they’re not available to me.

In the end, I think Blizzard needs to use their access to internal data to see what class uses non-traditional transmogs the most. Based on my own in-game experience, and a glance through logs, it seems an overhwelmingly high number of Hunters are using “other” transmogs - like lumberjack, tuxedo, pirate, etc.

I think there’s room for sleek predators and bulky “lord of the hunt” formal garb.

The bulk really doesn’t come into it before the style for me, there’s a few too many odd choices like the hoods or dragon designs for the most recent tier, mixed with some really nice stuff like the half cape over the chest.

But as always shoulders and helm make or break a set for me and when its a free for all instead of consistent area based design hunter artist assignments seem to get weird.

Came back to the game after a 10 year hiatus expecting to main BM Hunter all over again. But what I found was a class that wasn’t doing terribly well, and with atrocious transmogs going back several years.

From the perspective of someone who played from Vanilla to Panda, and then took a break until DF, Hunters have been getting heavily shafted for a very long time. Biggest of R.I.P.s

Hunter gear has been bad for sure. Most sets look like hillbilly fur traders, not elite rangers.

My biggest gripe is with wrapons this expac. All of the best looking sets get cartoon looking hand cannons with no bow options. 2 of the 3 last awesome looking bows were very rare drops from final raid bosses.

“We want another chance at hunter gear” is what Ion said in an interview before DF. Well Ion, your still failing hard.

1 Like

This is the truth, I find I’m almost always jealous of priest and warlock mogs. Always a struggle to mog something as nice.

Reading this reminds me that I missed out on Rae’shalare, as I wasn’t raiding on anything above LFR during SL, and it didn’t drop in LFR like Neltharax did.