Hunter Taming and griefing

Is there a specific reason why on a PvE server that the opposite faction is allowed to grief while you are trying to tame?, Just curious.

Managed to find Brokentooth up and almost had him but of course out of spite somebody decided to kill it on me.

There must be some logic behind this decision right?. The spawn is already 6-8 hours and highly contested, why can’t the beast being tamed be immune to death during a tame?.

On a PvP server or with War Mode, you could just kill them and camp them until they leave before trying for the pet.

(One of the reasons I don’t like Normal servers. Griefing immunity.)

“Why is the enemy faction opposed to me gaining power?”

Alright, lets just allow the enemy nation to obtain nuclear weapons and sit idly by right?

1 Like

(You might want to clarify that as having a heavier RP angle, because mechanically it doesn’t make sense on a Normal server.)

Griefing never had to make sense. We can help people understand the griefing, but at the end of the day nobody knows whats going through other players minds.

3 Likes

That’s just how it is and always has been. I wouldn’t waste my time taming and leveling that thing. Leveling it will take a while and you won’t see much of a PvE DPS boost and in PvP it’s decent but really not that necessary. There are pets that have 1.2/1.3 attack speed which is sufficient. I still use a 2.0 cat and do fine.

Don’t go crazy over it ^^

“Unaccountable people are ***holes.”

I rare hunt myself and literally forgot about you hunters and brokentooth right here live-time on the forum….

So, it might not be spite or griefers. Just some dude on auto pilot, who got an alert from his rare finding addon that “xxxx is near, check your map”.

I tend to start spamming like a spaz when I get that pop up.

I feel for ya, but seasonal servers are short. Hunters ain’t the only ones hunting. I don’t think about you folks much myself. Forget you are out there. :joy:

^ that’s some coping right there, who runs through badlands randomly attacking mobs on the way even the ones busy with someone other than maybe you for some reasons?

What they do is clearly griefing and people on same faction can grief too btw, not sure why OP thinks it’s an opposite faction thing, anyone can attack and kill any mobs…

Toughen up buttercup. Making a forum post wont stop griefing.

1 Like

Slow speed is optimal for melee.
Fast speed is optimal for ranged.

With focus fire a 20% slower attack speed on your pet can make a big difference.

I mean correct me if I am wrong but I am 99% sure your own faction can also kill whatever you are taming.

1 Like

Why you trying to steal that players rare spawn kill?

1 Like

It’s basically on both sides, always ah somewhere

If the player thinks the rare mob might drop some valuable they can pawn on the AH, why wouldn’t they?

I’m not suggesting that’s the only reason but it’s a financial incentive.

Petopia has it listed has it as a 1.0 attack speed so it’s a very fast attack. Also it comes with dash 1

tired of hunters claiming they own all the rarespawns, what gives you the right to prevent me from getting my conjurer’s breeches of the whale?

3 Likes

It goes both ways. What makes you think you should be able to prevent us from getting some of the best pets in the game?

my ability to detect sarcasm

3 Likes

I literally do. :joy:

RareFinder will sound an alarm and I will kill the mob without even thinking about the name.

I have a file folder with 6,738 screenshots of rare kills. 28 kills and counting on Brokentooth… and I don’t even remember what one that is really :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Must be a Hunter thing

TLDR: not everyone plays wow super seriously 100% of the time my bud. Don’t grief me by taming my rare kills bro!