Hunter survival 10.1 Disappointment?

So, yes, when ignoring all the nonsense fluff, it’s evident you do believe SV was a melee spec in Classic. Since this is so demonstrably incorrect (we literally had Classic re-release to show it), you either didn’t actually play back then or you consider the idea of SV being melee in Classic a prerequisite to melee SV’s legitimacy now so you choose to believe it anyway despite knowing it’s incorrect i.e. the Toxiktraktor approach.

SV was a ranged spec in Classic, end of story. There is no discussion to be had beyond that basic fact and nothing else to deflect towards. Believing that it was melee or melee-preferring in Classic is the same as believing in Thori’dal being a DPS loss for Hunters, i.e. investing in an urban myth. No excuse for this now that we’ve had Classic re-release.

2 Likes

Ah, yet another attempt to drag me into the bottomless pit of the abyss! Not interested! I’ve managed to blow a crater into deeply cherished ranged-fundamentalist thought. You are free to attempt to obstruct the speeding train of truth, only for your incomplete understanding of the Hunter Class to splatter upon its windshield like an insect.

I suspect PETA will flag my post for cruelty to insects, but also perhaps for the internal damage I’ve inflicted upon Le Bepples!

Only–I suspect that a classical debate may not have ever been your intent with these numerous threads. You see, a prerequisite of debate necessitates mutual understanding, which your callous character does not allow for. ‘Debate’ with Le Bepples quickly devolves into a never-ending shouting match because you’re unable to process differing viewpoints. Until you internally resolve that issue, further discussion with you is meaningless.

1 Like

Why don’t you keep this nonsense language to your Total Roleplay profile?

I’m interested in what’s factually incorrect or not, and you’re saying things that are factually incorrect. No, there’s no “debate” over whether SV was melee in classic. It wasn’t. That’s fact. I’m not interested in your weird deflecting headcanon.

1 Like

No. The roleplay-riffs have succeeded in smashing that rattling peanut of a brain into delicious peanut butter!

Eh, if you say so. You curiously abandoned our last set of exchanges, in which my contention remained uncontested. Simply reiterating the same incomplete talking points like unto a broken record does not constitute victory in an argument. Unlike my younger contemporaries, I have unmatched stamina in debate. Shall we argue again for say… the entirety of yet another month?

1 Like

yup, the talent tree shows its melee focused.

It was melee focused with some ranged aspects. Its basically what it is now but less fun

lol it wasnt, end of story

Because you for years cant have an actual debate with anyone without sounding off like an unintelligent Neanderthal wishing the spec didnt have melee focused abilitys (it did)

Im glad you never grew up. Im going to teach my kids to not act like this when they grow up and have some sense and dignity.

Says the larper

so when are you going to be correct?

Authoritarians and their delusions. This is what happens when you have bad credit and a box of hair dye bought for 2 bucks does to you.

Then leave? You wont because you do care what others have to say and think. Dont be a clown lolol

He thinks acting 13 makes him the victor despite the fact hes over twice that age and hasnt figured out why hes single yet

2 Likes

My favorite thing about Bepples is he will forever live in denial about a number of things. Lets list them for some cheap humor,

1. Doesnt understand how the class was designed when it first came out
  2. Still cant decipher the difference between sarcasm and reality
  3. Thinks he has the authority on everything hunter despite being a literal Lolcow
  4. Complains about a spec he has never played thinking its going to change the world
  5. Has L takes on things he doesnt understand
  6. Will always cope with a specific patch from WoD
  7. Complains for literally nearly a decade about MSV, and when finally allowed to play it again he STILL returns to retail to play MM and continue complaining about MSV
  8. When threatened or defeated, he will start complaining about tone policing even though thats literally all he does
  9. Laughing stock on the Hunter discord server.
  10. Being Simple Jack from Tropic Thunder
  11. Will only share videos of random WoW Youtubers who he agrees with thinking thats somehow a W when all it does is prove everyone elses point about him.
3 Likes

You really going with the “you’re stalling!” angle when you steadfastly refuse to address the point at hand?

You think Survival was a melee spec in Classic; an obviously and demonstrably incorrect stance. That’s the only thing to discuss here.

You pride yourself with having “unmatched stamina” in a debate? Well I do too, and I also pride myself in not allowing people to deflect/derail from the point at hand.

2 Likes

dude no wonder blizzards stays the fk away from hunters post the same 10 fools turbo arguing about the same sht ,like the bepples guy sucking @ss at melee hunter and wanting range back

6 Likes

You want some of this STAMINA, breh?

You must have noticed already, but you’ve lost control over the topic ever since you fell into my trap.

We will soon have a gigantic argument that will end all debate on this subject forever. In order for that to occur, what I require is that you continue responding to my posts.

1 Like

He had control? lol

Until he finally blocks you like he did with me because he got embarrassed over thinking my sarcasm was genuine. Just call him Simple Jack and wait for him to foam at the mouth

You never addressed anything I ever pointed out at you, but instead linked a Preach video as a response as if anyone cares what preach has to say.

Looking at the talent tree with all the melee enhancements, pretty much looks like a melee tree. Next your going to say ret wasnt a melee spec in vanilla because it sucked.

Hey Simple Jack, all you ever do is derail and deflect lmao what do you mean? You don’t have stamina, you just have an over abundance of stupidity unmatched. Your knowledge of a spec you dont even play is on par with a How Too video involving duct tape to fix your car instead of taking it to a mechanic. Only dumb people will follow those instructions

2 Likes

You’re still deflecting. If you have nothing to say about your incorrect views about what SV was in classic, we’re done here.

yes, yes you are

Typical liberal lol

2 Likes

Deflecting from what?

My argument hasn’t fundamentally changed, but I at least squared with Ghorak on several points and made a fair attempt to amend any superfluities in my approach.

You, on the other hand, have a deep-rooted dissonance that inhibits you from proper internalization of social input.

What can be gained from a simple ‘My facts > Ur facts’ shouting match where either side won’t concede even minor talking points? If that’s what you’re after, you’ll have to look elsewhere for that.

1 Like

Perhaps.

In my opinion, Le Bepples is on a mission to falsely legitimize RSV because he’s hurt that it’s gone. No matter how irrational it may seem, that’s the fundamental emotion behind his actions. If he were to agree with any of our points, no matter how small, he would emotionally betray himself.

I feel it’s that simple.

In order to accomplish this scheme, he must first coerce the community into believing that Survival had anything to do exclusively with Ranged DPS, in an unbroken continuity up until Legion.

That is completely false.

He will even try to argue with ME of all people: myself but a rusty relic who has played every installment of Warcraft since 1994, in pursuit of his vile scheme.

2 Likes

From what I literally highlighted in the very next sentence of the 1-line post: your incorrect views about what SV was in Classic.

We don’t compromise on truth. The sky is blue. The Earth is round. Survival was a ranged spec in Classic.

I want SV to be something more than the circus freak of class design and that means being a ranged spec like a true Hunter.

I don’t need to “legitimise” RSV when it was the most successful SV iteration and it was what SV was during WoW’s most celebrated and definitive eras.

Then prove it.

The most effective way to play SV in Classic was as a ranged DPS that used its utility and kiting capability to stay out of melee as much as possible. It had a couple talents to help it hold up in melee for those moments when the enemy closed the gap, but it did NOT have the capability to function as a melee DPS. Hell, it was less melee-capable than MoP SV because at least then you could use your entire damage toolkit when in melee range.

So far the “best” counter argument I hear is “durr it had extra melee crit”. BM and MM PvP builds also took that talent. Does that mean they were melee specs too?

I’m not interested in performative revisionism over what SV was in classic. It was ranged, end of story. I even pointed out how agility gave double ranged attack power scaling, meaning your ranged damage far outscaled your melee damage no matter your spec (not to mention SV got +15% agility), but that went right over your head. I doubt you even knew that. After all, you probably didn’t really play classic WoW anyway.

Meh. My first assumption is that you’re just flatly lying about your classic WoW experience. But either way, I don’t really care for the common trope of old people assuming their memories are infallible. Classic WoW fanatics tend to do it especially often.

1 Like

How informative.

No, I’m quite sure you’ve repeated the same line in several of our exchanges dating back to January of this year. I’m well aware of the Hunter RAP coefficient by now, all thanks to you.

I’m only curious as to why you’ve repeated the same line so often to the exact same person on at least 3-4 different occasions. What’re you trying to prove?

Sheer propaganda.

Unlike yourself, I have no deeply seated emotional trauma such as to reiterate the exact same talking points posited in previous threads.

Do note that my points still stand undefeated and uncontested. Feel free to necro that thread if you so choose-- that we may resume our quarrel, and that you may waste considerable effort in a vain attempt to thwart me.

1 Like

So, in your mind, +20% crit chance to Raptor Strike and Mongoose Bite makes up for your primary stat giving double ranged attack power scaling? Are you innumerate?

Nice rotation :thinking:

1 Like

Let’s try this a different way. Let’s see if we can mutually agree on certain aspects of the class and build a floor for a more grounded debate.

You game?

1 Like

I don’t know. You seem unwilling to agree that all Hunters were far more capable with their ranged attacks than their melee regardless of spec, so you tell me.

Hes just dumb. Hes just one of those people that cant own up to their mistakes and will forever blame others for his own downfall. Literally Chris Chan

The skybox is different depending on what zone your in. Its not always blue, Azeroth is flat and survival was more melee focused in vanilla. Take 30 seconds to look through the talents and your entire argument collapses like a house of cards.

I forget you think hunting only requires a gun. I will bet my dollars to your donuts you never been hunting lol. circus freak? bruh it flows smoothly and its unique but I KNOW YOU JUST WANT IT TO BE LIKE MARKSMEN AGAIN

so back when we had 6 times the playerbase and there were more people to play the spec that like every other spec had changed to continue to keep the game fresh? Just shut up and go mald in classic to save yourself from further stupid outburst.

look at the talents. Boom

the most effective way to level a warrior was in defensive stance even though you were supposed to use berserker for crit. I GUESS EVERY WARRIOR DID IT WRONG

filler talent seeing as both those specs didnt focus on being up close and personal. Thats why counterattack was in the survival tree. This is too easy I should charge you for this therapy

I played classic, it also buffed your melee. BUT WE ALSO HAD SPIRIT TO GET OUR MANA BACK FASTER AND GOT ATTACK POWER FROM STRENGTH so shut up with using this lame talking point. DID YOU EVEN KNOW THAT?

Paladins were better at healing than being dps and tanks in OG classic so does that only make them healers? You never think more than 8 seconds into a debate and I live for it. This is why you get thrashed in game, forums, and discord lol

nb4 you do the whole, hunters started with bows so that means range, warriors started with shields and they ended up with duel wielding or 2 handed weapons. seethe more clown

1 Like