Hunter rep was a bit absurd for Dragonflight let's be real here

lol… The WQ weekly gives you 2500. And there are like 3 campaign quests that do the same. And the Obsidian Citadel stuff, and the weekly dungeon stuff, and the weekly world pvp stuff, and etc.

its a base 500 rep for all the renown tracks. It is definitely NOT 2500 rep.

2 Likes

I found it to be pretty easy. I finished valdrakken rep first without putting in extra effort just from dailies and weeklies. Much better than having the book drop off of only normal mode and up raid boss like in bfa.

2 Likes

Its legit the mission table all over again. They kept a system players hated because…? Oh i know, because if not for it, then everyone would notice that the game is raid or die again, yay…
On a related topic, where are tamable protodrakes?

1 Like

They’ve missed the mark for a very long time. Taming pets shouldn’t involve a grind or a raid boss it should just be something you do naturally for playing the game easily. Not a massive grind.

1 Like

Getting renown is the most “thing you do naturally for playing the game easily” imaginable. You could speed up the process by clearing the map of WQs, and hunting for packs/dirt/chests, and looking up every last optional side quest…but you don’t have to. Anyone who plays the game and doesn’t spend all their time exclusively in instances will get the renown eventually. Hell, the hunter that I did that on recently got to max Valdrakken renown and I stopped actively questing/farming on that character like a month ago…

1 Like

This thread missed the mark. First, it isn’t a “massive” grind, you can quit with the “massive” exaggeration. You DO get the rep and the pet that comes with it from just naturally playing the game. Second, it’s a nice little bonus that is unique to the class. Do any other classes get unique rewards for finishing the rep?

Considering how many 1 level for free renown tokens the Valdrakken npcs gave away as quest rewards, you have to actually try to not level that one fast.

Comparing the old 49,000 rep hard cap to the new 30 renown cap (75,000 rep) is a bit absurd isn’t it?

Why are players waiting weeks or even months to tame the new lesser dragonkin family even though some of those models have been in the game for many years?

Telling everyone that getting “renown” (rep) and then immediately firing off a list of things that new players literally cannot do because they lack the renown is kinda funny but mostly sad. Packs/dirt/chests is all renown locked.

Many world quests are renown gated.

I literally just got a prompt to go find out about rock climbing world quests today, like 2/3 months after launch because all I cared about was taming fae dragons.

Funny part is, there’s also the ottuk taming questline that you get at like 11 renown with the Tuskarr. It’s a pretty neat quest, and I don’t think you even have to do that one on your hunter.

1 Like

This thread was literally about hunter rep (23 renown) [57,500]
and you desperately waited for a comment to reply to that clearly had nothing to do with the absurd hunter rep grind.

No, because there are far more ways to earn it now.

There are plenty of pets that were in the game for years before blizzard decided to make them tameable.

So it’s the games fault you completely ignored one faction over another even though you could’ve worked on them concurrently. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

roflmao

I literally already replied to your chicken-littling over "fifty-seven thousand rep!!!"

I just earned it so I don’t know what you are talking about. It was a boring chore back than and it was a very boring grind now.

You’re the one here crying about what a “massive” grind it was when it was one of the fastest, easiest reps to complete.

Please enlighten everyone in the community how to get 23 renown in a week because I made a human with a rep boost to renown 10, abused darkmoon, did waking shore and thaldrazzus and the azure span and all available side quests and primal storms and all those quests and I finally hit 23 randomly after I let the darkmoon buff drop and I was literally 59 rep short because i let the darkmoon drop and then i finally found a random quest in the hub from a dryad and I was finally done.

One of the worst grinds I’ve ever done. Maybe the worst because I have people like you telling me all the extra rep doesn’t exist and you are fake newsing me.

1 Like

Hati + Gara combo 4 life.

What are you in a rush to unlock it for? So you can just afk at the bank and stop playing?

days

hours

mins

So I’m not really antsy or impatient since that seemed to be what your angle was to try and i dunno… do whatever you thought you could do.
(that’s the dragonflight release date btw)

Yea you are. You guys want to skip the play and have your rewards now. Kind of defeats the purpose of playing to earn rewards.