Hunter rep was a bit absurd for Dragonflight let's be real here

57,500 rep to unlock “lesser dragonkin” taming was beyond absurd.

Old reps were what? 49,000? And that was it it was all just extra gold and mounts from there?

But there are major things gated this time. You could spend months in Dragonflight before you get the respect to tame lesser dragonkin, despite having saved multile aspects and the entire world multiple times.

And when you look at the renown levels, there are levels in there where you get nothing but another piece of clutter in your bags and then you click on it and you get like 40 “resources.” That’s it. No new customizations, no new nothing, you get 40 resources. Probably want to bank those for when you get max rep at the wrathion/sabellion rep grind to unlock those black drake skins.

Just seems out of touch as if nobody on the dev team actually plays a hunter or cares.

18 Likes

Apparently you can get it pretty fast if you level another toon and get high enough rep to unlock faster rep gain for alts.
I guess thats what a lot of Hunters are doing so they can tame dragons.

1 Like

That is a catch up mechanic to your main.

I literally created and leveled this hunter and abused darkmoon faire to get 23 renown and finally tame the existing models that had been in the game for years because the world quests were so hilariously stingy this expansion and the pet taming was gated behind literally 57,500 rep.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, its a pain for sure. I dont know why they’re gate keeping dragon taming so hard. Feels like it could be a bit less + a quest chain like Wolf Hawks or something.
But yeah, the catchup mechanic I guess is what everyone is using to make it seem like less of a grind.
I should prob work on my hunter more but even with a bonus for alts, its very daunting.

2 Likes

That is why I made this post on the forum. It’s completely absurd.

The fact I decided to give up, and restart on a human hunter just to get another alt to farm gold and unlock dragonkin taming faster is all you need to know that they went way overboard on the rep gating for the new pet family taming.

2 Likes

Should of just had it as a drop from dragonkin tbh instead of being pretty deep into rep, or at least a little bit early on in the rep levels. :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

Yup.

Devs really need a hunter advocate these days lol.

(hey doesn’t that tier set look kinda… bad?)

3 Likes

Don’t remind me of the travesty of what us hunters are getting in the next new raid :dracthyr_lulmao:

1 Like

Not that it matters as Clefthoof is way better.

Did you not do the weekly dungeons and lfr? They give a lot of rep just like helping the Black Dragonflight does.

It only took me a month and I wasn’t even farming world quests when we could.

It’s like a jumpscare from an 80’s horror movie…
(then the diablo 3/4 angel glides in as a priest… come on.)

1 Like

Hati will never be replaced.

7 Likes

Agreed and they put an entire questline in the game for that but this was about the absurd rep grind for dragonflight…
(also I’d like to know if mage tower Hati is still exclusive)

huh…is this something people were upset about? It’s not as if Lesser Dragonkin have some must-have ability. They’re just nice cosmetic pets. Which is perfectly fine being put behind rep.

4 Likes

locked behind fifty-seven thousand, five hundred rep while the world quests give you 75-150 each.

3 Likes

The whole renown idea is idiotic and is not something that they should have kept from the travesty that was shadowlands.
The grind is worst than normal reps, its bs.

4 Likes

yup.
they were terrified of abandoning the previous system they spent so much money on…

GUESS WHAT DIABLO 4 HAS?!?!?!?!?!
RENOWN!!!

Yay…?

2 Likes

lol… The WQ weekly gives you 2500. And there are like 3 campaign quests that do the same. And the Obsidian Citadel stuff, and the weekly dungeon stuff, and the weekly world pvp stuff, and etc.

its a base 500 rep for all the renown tracks. It is definitely NOT 2500 rep.

2 Likes

I found it to be pretty easy. I finished valdrakken rep first without putting in extra effort just from dailies and weeklies. Much better than having the book drop off of only normal mode and up raid boss like in bfa.

2 Likes

Its legit the mission table all over again. They kept a system players hated because…? Oh i know, because if not for it, then everyone would notice that the game is raid or die again, yay…
On a related topic, where are tamable protodrakes?

1 Like