Hunter Ravager pet question

I’m new to hunter and read about ravager being the best pet for leveling, granted I’m only level 13, my ravager has gore, bite, and growl. When they’re all on autocast it’s always focus starved and has a hard time holding aggro. Do I keep gore off autocast or bite so it can keep growling? Thanks

Leveling early until you start getting focus regeneration talents I’d recommend leaving bite on along with growl as targets shouldn’t be living long enough for gore to be all that useful. In the mean time for when you do run into those enemies that you have the spare focus (And you will) have gore macro’d to something else so you can always manually use it as an additional focus dump as resources allow.

1 Like

You will start getting talent points quite far down the BM tree and MM tree to help with focus generation.

Even then, your pet won’t hold as strong as you’d like. While leveling my ravager, I was running a survival spec. The improved traps and wing clip were phenomenal in maintaining distance.

My hunter is full t2 though, so your mileage will certainly vary.

1 Like

Best pet for leveling is an owl, bat or bird with screech. Ravager is the a great pet for dpsing in a group.

Screech is an AOE debuff which carries additional threat. Plus on the main target it causes damage.

best leveling pet IMO is a boar, boar charge is such a good skill and it hits like a truck

1 Like

Thanks this is working out well, have gore macro’d with arcane shot

I have a ravager with two of my hunters and it has very little trouble keeping aggro or re-acquiring aggro with gore, bite and growl all active.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.