Hunter; PvP Turtle reset macro

HI all.

Im looking to make this macro spammable to cast turtle, but also not immediatly cancle aura. Maybe a 2 or 3 second reset delay. How do i add this to my macro?

this is what i currently have:
#showtooltip Aspect of the Turtle
/cast Aspect of the Turtle
/cancelaura Aspect of the Turtle

#showtooltip
/cancelaura Aspect of the Turtle
/use Aspect of the Turtle

For something like this, always put the cancel before the cast. First time you press the macro, it tries to cancel (but fails because you haven’t cast yet), then casts. Second press, it cancels, then tries to buff (but fails due to CD).

Try this:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod]Aspect of the Turtle; !Aspect of the Turtle

There are a few “on/off” spells where if you cast it once, it turns an effect on and if you cast it a second time, it turns the effect off. The “!” before the second Aspect of the Turtle basically says “only turn on”. If you activate the macro normally it can only turn Aspect of the Turtle on (assuming its not on CD).

However, if you hold down a modifier key, ctrl or alt or shift, it will cast Aspect of the Turtle normally. That is: it turns it on if its not on, and it turns it off if its already on.

NOTE: ctrl-1 to 0 and shift-1 to 6 are by default keybound to specific functions and those keybindings will “eat” the ctrl and shift key and not let it go to the macro unless you unbind it in WoW and some alt-key combinations are owned by Windows (like alt-tab) and Windows will eat that before it even gets to WoW.

Personally I prefer this because if I accidentally “double tap” the action button I don’t screw myself by turning the ability on and then immediately off. Now turning it off is a conscious decision of hold down a mod key and hit the key.

2 Likes

Thanks tinker, but im not sure i understand. The purpose of this macro is for PvP. So when i need it, i will be spamming it. Therein lies the problem; the many times i have put it up, only to have it immediatly be taken off by the spamming is what im aiming for.

Will your macro prevent this?

Yes. It will prevent that.
the ! in the Default cast of turtle makes it so the default is to only turn turtle on.

Yes, but what im looking for is the same button to also cancle the aura. I just dont want spamming it to instantly remove it after its been activated. hence the delay im looking for. like 2 seconds or something.

thats why im wondering if there is a reset command line that can be intertwined with the cancle aura command.

There’s absolutely nothing like that in wow.

Let’s say you assign the macro I wrote above to action button 7

Hit 7, and turtle goes on
If you accidentally double/triple/whatever 7, all of does is stay on. No accidentally turning it off in the excitement of the moment when you get “happy fingers” and spam 7.

To turn it off, hold down a modifier key, like alt, and then hit 7. Shift and control also can work, but these have default keybindings and to use those with the macro you would need to change your keybinding slightly.

It’s on the same action button but it’s protected from you doing something stupid because you have to make a conscious decision to turn it off by pressing 2 buttons.

Using the version from the spellbook has a 1 GCD delay on the cancel. You can add /cqs to prevent queuing it.

#showtooltip
/cast Aspect of the Turtle
/cqs