Hunter pets need to be automatically resurrected during Bloodmoon

I’m a Beastmaster hunter. During bloodmoon, my pet dies (as everything/everyone is constantly doing). However, when I die + resurrect, my pet does not resurrect. So I have to stand there trying to cast a 4-second-long Revive Pet, which only brings my pet back with 50% health, after which point I have to feed my pet (which takes another 10 seconds). This is basically impossible to do in the clusterstuff that is Bloodmoon.

So I’m spending most Bloodmoons completely petless, therefore making literally all of my talents completely useless.

No players’ talents should be completely nullified during Bloodmoon.

Blizzard, please fix this so Hunter pets automatically revive with their hunters during Bloodmoon. This would take literally 5 minutes to fix, as the code needed to do this already exists (in battlegrounds, for example).

2 Likes

Let me give you some advice, dont go BM hunter in STV. You will die as a ranged hunter before your pet is even able to reach the target you sent your pet to attack.

My advice is to run Lone Wolf MM build, ditch the pet (stable it so it doesnt spawn when ressing) and just snipe clothies/low HP folks in the back line. You literally get rid of the issues with having to res your pet during STV and do more damage. BM is only viable in settings where there arent so many targets coming after you. In STV, its every group for themselves, so you will be the first to get targetted. Once youre dead, the pet is not an issue to the other team.

2 Likes

Only if it preserves summom status. I have to kill my pet every BM to stop him from respawning and out when I respawn.

Really screws up LW…

Unfortunately, only solution to that is stabling it during STV.

I agree 100% here,

Nerf hunters

That’s not really an option when you have three pets…

I just sacrifice him to trolls before the bm starts now. Putting the existing bg code into sod would screw LW builds (best mass pvp build for hunter IMHO.)

Thats an issue that the devs have to solve with increasing stable slots. All you really need atm is a wind serpent and cat.

While I agree with the pet revival (and unable to use pet after you just ressed)… as another hunter mentioned you’re gimping yourself

I have ran 0/21/10 with entrapment lone wolf for PvP from the start of the phase and it SLAPs. You have 2 aoe traps you can throw which each have a chance to entrap your opponents every 3 seconds. If you stagger them it is then every 1.5 second. Not to mention you buff chimera shot as MM which is absurd burst in the 900-1300 range with the epic gun, regardless of armor. Being able to use this twice in PvP with LnL is going to cause the forums to cry so hard. Get it in while it’s hot next phase.

Next phase you can go deeper into MM for more damage or surv for more HP I believe as well

Try this build out!!

1 Like

That and scatter shot for any rogues or warriors that want to dive you. Its your “Oh crap” card.

1 Like

I seriously debated on 0/21/10 or 0/24/7.

Entrapment just throws off peoples flow to much in AE groups. At least, that was my reasoning…

So I went 0/31/0 ultimately for pvp. I personally, like the raptor/wingclip macro way to much in pvp and focusing on evading.

I’ll build 0/31/10 next phase with parry/humanoid slaying/raptor crit

here, i found a solution:

if LoneWolf rune= equipped:
pet can not be summoned

problem solved

Either that or just record the summon status for a respawn. That seems to be the simplest of solutions.

Maybe for once hunters will be left alone because they will ah e their hands full with shamans still one shot to g people, mages will have an absurd toolkit now and heal them selves…

having our pet is a class mechanic, and is necessary for us to function.

having to manually resurrect our pet every time we die, in a rapid-pace PvP battle royale, is insanity, and is straight-up not fair to us.

This is such a no brainer. We should be able to self buff too, during the 15 secs of ghost form.

Pets rez in bgs on death so why not during BM?

Seems kinda dumb to gimp a core feature of a class or require a work around like having to run lone wolf.

A lot of groups I joined prefer hunters to run HotL anyway to buff group which you can’t if running LW.

running lone wolf isn’t a solution if you’re Beast Master spec. because then literally 0 of your talents benefit you.